Disembark luggage question

mnbruce

Hello to all,this is my first post on the Princess board.

Today we booked our first Princess cruise on the Golden Princess Alaska sampler that leaves Vancouver on May 5th, goes to Ketchikan then ends in Seattle. On our Holland America Alaska cruise last summer they had a service available that would pick your luggage up ,take it to the airport and get it checked in for you. In other words ,we put our bags out the night before and didn't see them again until we arrived in Minneapolis. This was nice because we wanted to go to Pikes Market for a few hours without dragging anything along, we would like to do that again this time. I believe the cost was $15.00 per person. Will we have this option available? Thanks!

Ever since the major carriers instituted charges for checked baggage, Princess has eliminated that service. I believe it still exists if you're flying Southwest, but that may only be if your port of disembarkation is Ft. Lauderdale. Sorry about that -- I have a friend who used the luggage express last year and he said it was really great. You could always try finding a hotel downtown and leaving your luggage with the bellman while you're out and about. Good luck.

You might also check with the terminal. You will be using the new one and in the press release I got from the Port, they mention a luggage hold area.

here is part of the press release:

The new 143,000 square foot Smith Cove passenger terminal -- located just north of downtown Seattle-- provides quick vessel approach, panoramic views of the city's skyline, Mt. Rainier and the Olympic Mountains. Features of the terminal include concierge services, luggage storage, on-board airline check-in, rental cars, and secure parking. The two-story facility offers mobile gangways and shore power at each 1200- foot berth.

Princess does not offer this service.

There is a concierge service available at Pier 91 and Pier 66 where you can store your bags for a small f ee. You would be better off getting a taxi to Pier 66 and leaving your bags with the concierge there, so you can avoid backtracking to Pier 91 to pick up your bags. From Pier 66, you walk a couple of blocks along the waterfront and there is an elevator up to Pike Place Market behind the Marriott Waterfront. Once you are finished exploring, just go back to Pier 66 and grab a cab to the airport.

CruisinEars and wrp96,thanks much for your responses. We are flying into Seattle Saturday,then driving to Vancouver B.C. for a couple of days before the cruise. Maybe we will stop at Pikes Market first so my wife can get a few bottles of some great pickles we bought last fall.

Thanks again!

Archived