Non Texans on Rhapsody...

Is there such a thing as non Texans on Rhapsody? We are not Texans and are booked to sail, not realizing it didn't get the geographical mix that other ships must. We sailed on Disney during NJ Teacher's Week and learned we wouldn't do that again.....is everything on the ship geared to Texans or is anyone welcome?

Well of Course....Everyone is welcome....:D

Thats the GREAT thing about her...

In some ways,things are geared towards Texans..But only in a "conversational way" You know..How when the CD says anyone here from

yada yada...or when they ask different particiapants...Where are you from...and 90 % of the answers are from Texas.So,then all the jokes are about Texas.The Friendship parade on either the last,or next to the last night..when they march and sing around the Atrium.The Texas flag is flown,and Deep in the Heart of Texas in sung,and the Captain usually dons a Cowboy Hat.

But as far as activites,and themes and such..Its pretty much all RCI.

I think any cruise (on a ship Rhapsody's size) that has a large group (like the NJ Teachers) is going to be obtrusive.What you will find on Rhapsody is the friendliest crew and pax I have ever come across.

Depending on what part of the country you are from...It might take a while to get used to all the accents (Texas accents,not the crew lol )

brn2crz, my first time on the Rhapsody, in May 2002, it was 80% Texans on board and I felt like I almost never met anyone from anywhere but Texas. The next year, May 2003, of my entire dining room table of 8, only 2 of us were from Texas and I met many more people from other states. It is an extremely friendly ship and I don't think you would feel out of place or too overwhelmed. Also, keep in mind that lots of Houstonians, and a large percentage of the Texans on board are from Houston, are actually from somewhere else, so there will be all kinds of accents and backgrounds around.

Where are you from?

Amy

I am glad everyone is welcome, But if most people are from Texas, the question I have is it safe for me to have on my SF 49'ers shirt or will I be made to walk the plank?????;)

Well of Course....Everyone is welcome....:D

Well Bob...

I think some of the hostility has towards the 49'ers has subsided..(that tends to happen when both teams suck lol) Just don't try to dance on our Star...and you will be fine...

Just found out TEXAS & MICHIGAN in the Rosebowl....:D

I am 5th generation Texan...DH is Michigan Blue.....

TEXANS are not New Jersey teachers.

You will NEVER encounter more smiles.

You will NEVER encounter friendlier people.

You will love sailing out of Galveston......Any stereotype you may have heard will be totally eliminated.

Bon Voyage :)

As an family from Arizona we sailed Rhapsody late Sept. 2003. School had started and there were only 35 kids on board. People went out of their way to make sure our kids could stand in front to see activities. Many people struck up pleasant conversations with them. The boat had an overwhelming friendly feel. We would sail her again in a heartbeat.

Have to agree with everything everyone has said!!! We have sailed RC a lot - from Miami, Fort Lauderdale, San Juan, etc. Our trip from Galveston on the Rhapsody ranks as one of our best cruises, primarily because of the wonderful people on board - probably over 80% from Texas. We were made to feel very, very welcome - also, because the passengers are happy, I think that reflects in the crew. The crew on the Rhapsody was by far the best we have encountered. Would definitely sail on the Rhapsody, or any other cruise, that originated in Texas. By the way, my first trip to Texas, although husband travels there a lot on business - I definitely was impressed! We're from Green Bay - the Packers were discussed - but with a lot of genuine interest and humor - didn't meet a single passenger who was not friendly.

recently on the Rhapsody in October. You will LOVE that primarily the folks on board are Texans! They are the most friendly people you will meet.

Consider this a PLUS as it will greatly enhance your cruise :).

Marie

I have to agree completely. I can truly say that I met very few rude people on my Rhapsody cruise and it was quite a nice change of pace. I would sail with a bunch of Texans again in a heartbeat.

Reggie:D

I am booked on the Rhapsody in January I am not concerned.

There is a big difference between most people being from the same state and a large group such as a group of teachers. I have cruised with a large group that had about 3/4 of the ship and it was a pain. I have also been on some sailings out of San Pedro where the ship was about 80% Californians. Since they were not a group with things in common it was not a problem.

Another time were saild with a group of Californian Liquor Retailers.

That was a fun group to be around!

I also agree with everything everyone else has said! Our second cruise on the Rhapsody was out of Galveston(first was out of Tampa), at least 80% Texans and it was a wonderful cruise! Friendliest crew afloat and I was an honorary Texan that week and proud of it! I have never met more wonderful people some of whom have become dear friends and cruising buddies! I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Rhapsody again!

I have been on the Rhapsody twice and all the Texans were great........maybe it is because we are from Oklahoma and have beaten those Longhorns 5 straight years!:rolleyes:

Congratulations on the Rose Bowl...........OU went a couple of years ago and it is a great experience............we are now off to the National Championship game. I certainly hope the Big 12 does well this year..............

isujim...congrats on OU playing for the title in the Orange Bowl. I hope both our teams have big games, solid victories and do the Big 12 proud. Maybe next year it'll be our turn, but we still have to get past your Sooners to make that happen.

And now the next few cruises will surely have a lot of folks talking about the Longhorns going to the Rose Bowl to beat the Wolverines. My oh my, hook em Horns!

Has that hot Texas sun hard boiled your brain?!?! Go Blue!:D

I guess my main question would be, if the Wolverines do win, how safe would it be on that cruise after the game for a Michigander?:)

Thanks cruiseman:

I really think Texas is right up there nationally.........Mack has done a good job.......we have a great rivalry and you know it will turn sooner or later....it always does.........good luck in Pasadena.

On the Nov 14, 2004, Rhapsody cruise, there were a lot of Texans, but as has been mentioned before, they're all really friendly and it didn't make an impact on us! I'm origianlly from FL but have lived in TX for many years. They also mentioned the other countries the pax were from. A few included Germany, Canada, Austraila, New Zeland, and many others. The crew is friendly and very warm! Altho, I will admit.... I got a kick out of hearing the international crew sing a rendition of "Deep In The Heart of Texas". That was a hoot!!! :D

Archived