~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

Hi everyone! I am in the process of setting up a group cruise on the Amsterdam for May 31 or May 17, 2010. I have heard back from Laura and she is excited for us about this great itinerary and the opportunity to do a HAL group cruise. So stay tuned for pricing - in about a week (when Laura returns to the office).

Here is the itinerary. Who wants to join us?

Date Location Arival Departure

Monday, May 31, 2010 Seattle, Washington -- 04:00 PM

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 At Sea -- --

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 Ketchikan, Alaska 07:00 AM 05:00 PM

Thursday, June 3, 2010 Tracy Arm, Alaska, Usa Cruising Only 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Friday, June 4, 2010 Skagway, Alaska 07:00 AM 06:00 PM

Saturday, June 5, 2010 Sitka, Alaska 08:00 AM 03:00 PM

Sunday, June 6, 2010 At Sea -- --

Monday, June 7, 2010 Anchorage, Alaska 07:00 AM 11:00 PM

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 Homer, Alaska 10:00 AM 06:00 PM

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 Kodiak, Alaska 07:00 AM 01:00 PM

Thursday, June 10, 2010 Hubbard Glacier Cruising Only 12:00 PM 04:00 PM

Friday, June 11, 2010 Juneau, Alaska 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

Saturday, June 12, 2010 At Sea -- --

Sunday, June 13, 2010 Victoria Canada 02:00 PM 08:00 PM

Monday, June 14, 2010 Seattle, Washington 07:00 AM --

Hi LEtue -

We've already booked the May 31st sailing last week and are beside ourselves with excitement! Hopefully we'll see you onboard!

This will be our third time back to Alaska, and those three new ports are what hooked us! Actually, we've not been to Skagway or Tracy Arm on the past two cruises either, so those are a bonus as well! Also happy to see more time (and afternoon hours instead of 6PM to midnight) in Victoria. All in all, looks like a winner to us! This itinerary was hard to pass up!

Enviously watching the cruise prices to Alaska drop this year convinced us to scrap our plans for one week (self planned) on land and a southbound cruise in 2010. This new itinerary is the best of both worlds! I've promised my husband we'll go back in 2012 - two weeks on land, no cruise to satisfy his desire to spend time in Seward, Homer and Denali. Might even convince him to rent an RV then.

Really hope (but highly doubt) the prices will continue to tumble into next year, but hey, I can dream, right??? Hope you can gather a slew of CC folks to sign up for this one!

Happy Alaska sailing!:D May 2010 - here we come!

Linda.....MAYBE! DH's job is iffy right now but we are seriously considering this cruise, either one in May. If we don't do a CC cruise and decide to go, we will just use our TA, she's wonderful! I sure hope this works out....it does sound great. Marian

Linda.....MAYBE! DH's job is iffy right now but we are seriously considering this cruise, either one in May. If we don't do a CC cruise and decide to go, we will just use our TA, she's wonderful! I sure hope this works out....it does sound great. Marian

Hi Marian, I hope you decide to join us :D

I would love to go on this. Depending on the cost of the room. I would be going solo (I think) so it could be a bit costly for me. Once you get the prices I'll know if I can go or not.

I've been to Alaska one time for a week and would love to not only go back but for a longer trip as I didn't get to see a lot of the places you are going to on this trip. The places I did go to had so much to offer I've been wanting to go back to explore more.

So, I'm excited about this trip. When will you know the costs?

Joanne

I would love to go on this. Depending on the cost of the room. I would be going solo (I think) so it could be a bit costly for me. Once you get the prices I'll know if I can go or not.

I've been to Alaska one time for a week and would love to not only go back but for a longer trip as I didn't get to see a lot of the places you are going to on this trip. The places I did go to had so much to offer I've been wanting to go back to explore more.

So, I'm excited about this trip. When will you know the costs?

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

Laura at Cruise Critic said she would get pricing for me next week when she returns to the office. Hopefully, she is off enjoying a nice vacation somewhere :)

This is a great itinerary and I agree with you. These are some ports that I really want to see. Plus sailing up Cook Inlet to Anchorage will be awesome :D

Stay tuned for more details!

Yes Linda. We would take a good look at this one. Seems to fit into our schedule and has the ports we've always wanted to see. Keep us posted. Will this topic move over to a roll call after you set the date?

Yes Linda. We would take a good look at this one. Seems to fit into our schedule and has the ports we've always wanted to see. Keep us posted. Will this topic move over to a roll call after you set the date?

Yes, we will have a roll call :) I can't wait to get chatting about this cruise!

I will put an announcement here on the HAL board too so that everyone knows we are an official group. That way I can get the booking details out there for all to see.

Once we are official group I can set up lots of links to information in the sailing area that the Cruise Critic will set up for us too :D

Will you please be sure to post the costs for a solo cruise also. I know it's not only me that would be interested in knowing the costs for solo.

Thanks so much. Hoping to be on board with you on this trip.

Joanne

Will you please be sure to post the costs for a solo cruise also. I know it's not only me that would be interested in knowing the costs for solo.

Thanks so much. Hoping to be on board with you on this trip.

Joanne

Joanne, yes I definitely will! Hopefully we will get solo pricing automatically but if not I will ask Johna for it....

Linda,

DH and I are interested as long as it's the later date, we will just be returning home from down under. Mash1

The plan is to go with the May 31 date unless there is huge difference in price. But so far I am seeing the same - everywhere I check. So, I am assuming that group pricing will also be the same ;)

Does the May 31 date work for you? I started out with an August date but most here preferred May....

I was just looking at this itinerary and was taken by it so am very interested, especially May31 dep. (or even June).

This would be a first cruise for my wife and I altho' I've spent time at sea. Didn't see any fishing trips offered in Kodiak tho !

Does a group get better pricing than an individual ?

(Who is Laura?)

Thanks.

The end of May to the start of June will be good for getting a chance to see the baby bears. They just start to wake up in May. So I would be thrilled with this date.

Plus the weather should be pretty nice. I went the first part of Sept two years ago and it was either really hot or pouring rain. Not good weather at all.

Joanne

The end of May to the start of June will be good for getting a chance to see the baby bears. They just start to wake up in May. So I would be thrilled with this date.

Plus the weather should be pretty nice. I went the first part of Sept two years ago and it was either really hot or pouring rain. Not good weather at all.

Joanne

I agree, the May 31 departure puts us there during the first 2 weeks of June which should be perfect :D

One of our trips was the last few days of May and the first few days of June and the weather was close to perfect. :)

I was just looking at this itinerary and was taken by it so am very interested, especially May31 dep. (or even June).

This would be a first cruise for my wife and I altho' I've spent time at sea. Didn't see any fishing trips offered in Kodiak tho !

Does a group get better pricing than an individual ?

(Who is Laura?)

Thanks.

I believe that we will be going with the May 31 date so I hope you join us! We should have great pricing, some on board credit to spend, and hopefully some great amenities. We will have to see what the cruise line is offering but it is usually very good :D

Laura is the community manager at Cruise Critic who sets up all of the group cruises. She gets the pricing for us and then makes us an official Cruise Critic Group Cruise.

Stay tuned for more details and I will post most info as soon as I get it!

My husband and I are going to consider the cruise too!!! We are leaning towards a 14 day cruise now instead of a seven day cruise with a land tour afterwards. We like to do things on our own pace. My only concern will be the weather. Since we are retired we can go anytime during the summer. Hopefully the prices for the late may departure will be enticing.

Archived