~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

So is the normal deposit amount $300 pp? That is what I've seen so far. I saw that HAL and some TA's have been offering 1/2 deposit sales but it never looked like it applied to the 2010 sailings......

Not sure if if $300 is the normal deposit pp, but I was just at a TA site and it had that but did not say it was special.

If $300pp is normal, HAL is much better than other lines that charge a higher deposit for cruises this long.

Not sure if if $300 is the normal deposit pp, but I was just at a TA site and it had that but did not say it was special.

If $300pp is normal, HAL is much better than other lines that charge a higher deposit for cruises this long.

The HAL site also had the $300 deposit for this sailing. Is that what you were charged?

Did everyone see this picture of the home page of Cruise Critic? I really like it and it would probably look good on a T-Shirt. ;)

HAL-Alaska.jpg

That would look good on a t-shirt. It would be even better if that were the Amsterdam.

I wonder if you can use a picture like this. Isn't there some kind of copyright thing ? :confused:

Not here it isn't !

You might have a point about it being early tho'.

Just visited the HAL site. It is working fine. I was able to enter in all the good HH one cabin at a time and they are all available.

I tried to copy and paste it but it didn't work. :(

There will be a box you can enter the cabin number in.

OK, it's working now:D

Cool!.....who knows when we will be losing it again.:rolleyes:

I also notice that none of the good HH are shown on the various TA websites. So even if you use a TA, check the website to see if the cabin you want is open.

Good morning Adventurers!

I have been following a thread over on the West Coast Departures Board and there are some great Priceline wins for hotels this year. I hope it continues into 2010 because even group rates can't be that low :D

I'm in the process of setting up an executive offsite meeting in Seattle and am getting some AWESOME rates at VERY nice hotels in the downtown area. As soon as we get our pricing and get an idea of the size of our group, I'll start making some enquiries.

[quote name='hmstins']I'm in the process of setting up an executive offsite meeting in Seattle and am getting some AWESOME rates at VERY nice hotels in the downtown area. As soon as we get our pricing and get an idea of the size of our group, I'll start making some enquiries.[/quote]

Fantastic! This would be our best option for those of us that want to stay together. Maybe even a dining option for a pre-cruise dinner :D

Just a quick update. I had emailed Laura and Host Walt to see if we had pricing yet and Laura responded that she did not have the quote back from the TA.

So, we're still in the que. I know it is a long process and not many of us were given patience - when it was handed out, but at least we know were close :D

Just think....next year at this time we will be waking up at sea!!!

Just thought I would post the link to the Seattle Station that does the weather reports for Alaska (during the cruise season - at least). You can click on the cities to get actual readings too.

This may give us an idea of what it will be like next year ;)

[URL]http://www.komonews.com/news/content/7557007.html[/URL]

[quote name='Sillyjilly']I've been to Alaska 3 times in May and have always had good or great weather. This past May was awesome weather![/quote]

Good, we'll see you in the pool then :D Here is a picture of the aft pool on the Amasterdam from the Cruise Critic Home Page....

[URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/"][IMG]http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/halamsterdam_pool_bighome.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Hi Linda --
I have been following this thread from the beginning and am very much interested in the itinerary. Am waiting to see the group rates before I make any plans. We were on the Amsterdam several years ago and she is a beautiful ship.

I am your neighbor - I live in Seminole. Years ago we lived in Palm Harbor.

Archived