Married on Carnival Glory 4/18/09!!

teankc

I had the best time on our weddingmoon cruise. We had 43 guests attend, 14 sailing (including us) so it was kinda small but totally sweet and intimate. Let me tell you how stressed I was getting days before over details like gift bags, wardrobe (my seamstress had messed up one of my flowergirl dresses. Luckily I had purchased two), etc. etc. Girls and guys, nothing really matters except the two of you and your commitment. On Sat. morning, we got on the ship and our wedding planner was right there. Boarding was fast and painless. She was charming and sensitive. I had a 1:30 wedding and was onboard at 11:15 so I had time to chill EXCEPT everyone was walking in and out of our room. Tight Squeeze! Ugh. Only real complaint although I love everyone who showed up to offer help, words of advice, or hugs. Kamlesh was our photographer (excellent, excellent, excellent). Request this guy if you're booked on the Glory. He tired us out with his "perfection" but hey, we got ALL the photos. The ceremony was simple and touching. The reception a party (we had the DJ). The food was just ok. The cake was a hit with everyone but me. I had vanilla and strawberry but wasn't crazy about it.

This thread doesn't contain many details but if you want any, I'm happy to clear some things up. We are married!

edg201.jpg.f428bc144bebfff46f06640e8f32cbfc.jpg

I had the best time on our weddingmoon cruise. We had 43 guests attend, 14 sailing (including us) so it was kinda small but totally sweet and intimate. Let me tell you how stressed I was getting days before over details like gift bags, wardrobe (my seamstress had messed up one of my flowergirl dresses. Luckily I had purchased two), etc. etc. Girls and guys, nothing really matters except the two of you and your commitment. On Sat. morning, we got on the ship and our wedding planner was right there. Boarding was fast and painless. She was charming and sensitive. I had a 1:30 wedding and was onboard at 11:15 so I had time to chill EXCEPT everyone was walking in and out of our room. Tight Squeeze! Ugh. Only real complaint although I love everyone who showed up to offer help, words of advice, or hugs. Kamlesh was our photographer (excellent, excellent, excellent). Request this guy if you're booked on the Glory. He tired us out with his "perfection" but hey, we got ALL the photos. The ceremony was simple and touching. The reception a party (we had the DJ). The food was just ok. The cake was a hit with everyone but me. I had vanilla and strawberry but wasn't crazy about it.

This thread doesn't contain many details but if you want any, I'm happy to clear some things up. We are married!

You two looked great. Beautiful bride. I'm getting married in 13 days. So glad you had good experience. How was the music the DJ played? Did you really buy ALL the pictures? I told myself I'm not spending more than $1,000. $1500 max. Did you spend much more than that? I know how I am and I can be impulsive.

You two looked great. Beautiful bride. I'm getting married in 13 days. So glad you had good experience. How was the music the DJ played? Did you really buy ALL the pictures? I told myself I'm not spending more than $1,000. $1500 max. Did you spend much more than that? I know how I am and I can be impulsive.

The DJ played R&B music, the electric slide and things of that nature. He also took requests so that was really fun! We had the same picture $$ max as you did LOL. Oh well. We received close to 250 pics, 4 canvases, DVD slideshows, 3 picture books, way too many wallets... Not all of the pics were good of course but most of them. We don' regret a thing (til we get next month's bill!) We let our sailing guests go through the 5x7s and they took almost 1/2 of those!

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=371461a03edbeccdcf4ab00f16ca9e1e#1240712058623

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=371461a03edbeccdcf4ab00f16ca9e1e#1240712083748

Let me know if you can see the links!

The DJ played R&B music, the electric slide and things of that nature. He also took requests so that was really fun! We had the same picture $$ max as you did LOL. Oh well. We received close to 250 pics, 4 canvases, DVD slideshows, 3 picture books, way too many wallets... Not all of the pics were good of course but most of them. We don' regret a thing (til we get next month's bill!) We let our sailing guests go through the 5x7s and they took almost 1/2 of those!

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=371461a03edbeccdcf4ab00f16ca9e1e#1240712058623

http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=371461a03edbeccdcf4ab00f16ca9e1e#1240712083748

I could not view the pictures.. I did have a question in reference to your OOT bags. How did you deliver them? Did carnival assist?

We (hubby) personally delivered our OOT bags. It was payback for all the complaining he did about 'em. :) And this gave him a chance to have some 1:1 time with family and friends. He's normally the shy type initially.

The links won't open. Darn. So did you exceed your $$ max? By a lot?

The links won't open. Darn. So did you exceed your $$ max? By a lot?

We bought the package that included all photos. So yeah, we exceeded our max by twice as much as we intended. We're using the wedding gift checks to pay the bill.

We bought the package that included all photos. So yeah, we exceeded our max by twice as much as we intended. We're using the wedding gift checks to pay the bill.

Wow....that's good to know though. I think I'll have the in-laws buy the extras. I can't afford that package. I need my wedding money for the furniture I have my eye on :-D

Congratulations!! Did you bring any music with you that you wanted the DJ to play? Did he mostly have only top 40 music ( I know you said he also had the electric slide)?

Did the DJ announce when the bridal party walked into the reception?

We asked the DJ to play music that represented the 60s, 70s and 80s mostly because that's what would appeal to our guests. We had some Commodores, Michael Jackson, etc. My aunt requested the slide so I could mess that up :rolleyes:. We talked about bringing our mp3 selections but it would have added another task we just didn't have the time (or want) to include.

We were announced by the DJ. Plus we had our names on the computer screens.

http://ourwedding4182009.shutterfly.com/

This link has gotta work (fingers crossed).

Your pictures were so nice. I hope that you come back and check on the site in case we have some questions we need anwered. You all look great. You look soooo happy. May God continue to bless you and your new husband.:)

We asked the DJ to play music that represented the 60s, 70s and 80s mostly because that's what would appeal to our guests. We had some Commodores, Michael Jackson, etc. My aunt requested the slide so I could mess that up :rolleyes:. We talked about bringing our mp3 selections but it would have added another task we just didn't have the time (or want) to include.

We were announced by the DJ. Plus we had our names on the computer screens.

http://ourwedding4182009.shutterfly.com/

This link has gotta work (fingers crossed).

So your saying we really don't need to make a CD. They provided music that everyone would enjoyed?? Also Did you provide the candles and the toasting flutes or did Carnival provide them.

We (hubby) personally delivered our OOT bags. It was payback for all the complaining he did about 'em. :) And this gave him a chance to have some 1:1 time with family and friends. He's normally the shy type initially.

Did you give OOT bags to the guest who were not sailing?

So your saying we really don't need to make a CD. They provided music that everyone would enjoyed?? Also Did you provide the candles and the toasting flutes or did Carnival provide them.

No CD necessary. Music was great. Candles and toasting flutes provided by Carnival. We were given one candle to take home along with both toasting flutes in a nice box.

Your pictures were so nice. I hope that you come back and check on the site in case we have some questions we need anwered. You all look great. You look soooo happy. May God continue to bless you and your new husband.:)

Thanks!!

Did you give OOT bags to the guest who were not sailing?

No OOT bags for those not sailing. I decided that carrying on 10 bags to the ship including all our weddingwear was quite enough. However, we did do dinner with family at Fishlips the night before for those who came in earlier. We gave cruise ship luggage tag favors to all those who attended the wedding during the reception.

I love your pics!! Everyone looked great (I was gonna say pretty but hubby might be offended)!! Did you order those flowers through Carnival? They are really pretty.

Yes I ordered the flowers through Carnival. Nothing extravagant but I do love the color yellow. My hubby's favorite color is purple.

Archived