Miami beach hotels

peas&carrots1

Don't have a beachfront choice, but have always stayed at the Days Inn Miami Airport East and never had a bad experience. It includes Continental breakfast (which is all you will need, since you'll be waiting for the lunch on the ship!) Also includes airport to hotel transfer, and hotel to cruise terminal shuttles. Great deal, and always FULL of others cruisers as well.

We stayed at the Hyatt Downtown in February and had a great suite for $65. I bid $65 for a 3 1/2 star or better in the Downtown Miami area through an agenct that has William Shattner advertising for them. The only draw back in you name your PRICE and star level and if they accept your LINE you have to take it. Hyatt is 5 to 10 mins from the Port of Miami.:) You can probably put in a price for an ocean front hotel. Why not give it a try.. Good Luck.

We also bid on a hotel at the above mentioned travel website in the same way. We got the Hyatt as well. The Holiday Inn downtown is also a good hotel and from what I have heard, they are another hotel that comes up bidding 3 star+ downtown Miami. An added bonus with this location is the outdoor shopping and dining (Pierside? I don't remember the name of it) that is right across the street from the Holiday Inn. It will keep you entertained without having to drive around.

We also used the above mentioned website for a Miami Beach hotel. We got the Newport Beach Hotel for $85 per night. We were very pleased, but keep in mind that most Miami Beach hotels add a resort charge to your bill that we did not expect of about $25.

the outdoor shopping and dining (Pierside? I don't remember the name of it) that is right across the street from the Holiday Inn. It will keep you entertained without having to drive around.

That would be Bay Side, along Biscayne Bay. There is also an outdoor shopping complex and restaurants about 6 blocks from the Hyatt toward little Havana.:)

Don't have a beachfront choice, but have always stayed at the Days Inn Miami Airport East and never had a bad experience. It includes Continental breakfast (which is all you will need, since you'll be waiting for the lunch on the ship!) Also includes airport to hotel transfer, and hotel to cruise terminal shuttles. Great deal, and always FULL of others cruisers as well.

This sounds like a great deal. Do you know how I can find it? I can find Airport South and North on the Days Inn site, but I can't find east. Thanks!

We are leaving out of Miami next month, but flying in the day before. Wondering if anyone has an opinion on a good hotel (beachfront is preferred) that won't break the bank. Thanks!

The hotels mentioned here by the other posters are either Downtown Miami or at the airport. Definitely NOT beach hotels.

If you want Beach, look at Miami Beach or South Beach. You can search this forum for lots of recs. Price will be determined by WHEN you need the room. Check out Doubletree Surfcomber in S. Beach.

A lot depends on what you want to do while in Miami. If you stay at the airport, you will see none of Miami...lots of the typical large city ariport area. :rolleyes: Nothing nearby.

If you stay at the Holiday Inn (Port O Miami,) Intercontinental or Hyatt, you can walk to Bayside ,an outdoor Mall on the water with some chain restaurants, a few shops and kiosks. Built with tourists in mind.

However if you have a full day, I'd head to S. Beach, even if by cab, to see what everyone is talking about when they mention the S. Beach excitement and fun. Great to get a feel for S. Florida life!

This sounds like a great deal. Do you know how I can find it? I can find Airport South and North on the Days Inn site, but I can't find east. Thanks!

So sorry, my mistake. I meant to say La Quinta Miami Airport East. I was e-mailing someone else about a hotel in Long Beach and got them mixed up. It is a great deal, and we haven't been let down by them yet!!

The hotels mentioned here by the other posters are either Downtown Miami or at the airport. Definitely NOT beach hotels.

!

I cannot believe you are asking for beach hotels and everyone is giving you crappy airport and downtown hotels.

South Beach hotels:

Courtyard By Marriott South Beach (not on the beach but COOL rooftop pool with fabulous ocean views)

The South Seas

The Avalon

The Cordoza

The Marseilles

Doubletree Surfcomber

The Newport Beachside Resort is an excellent choice but it isn't in South Beach.

So sorry, my mistake. I meant to say La Quinta Miami Airport East. I was e-mailing someone else about a hotel in Long Beach and got them mixed up. It is a great deal, and we haven't been let down by them yet!!

Great, thanks!!

I cannot believe you are asking for beach hotels and everyone is giving you crappy airport and downtown hotels.

South Beach hotels:

Courtyard By Marriott South Beach (not on the beach but COOL rooftop pool with fabulous ocean views)

The South Seas

The Avalon

The Cordoza

The Marseilles

Doubletree Surfcomber

The Newport Beachside Resort is an excellent choice but it isn't in South Beach.

I think you mean Courtyard Miami Downtown. The Courtyard South Beach around 40th and Collins and is on the beach but doesn't have a roof top pool. Unless we missed it. ;)

We are staying June 13th at the Courtyard Downtown that does have the rooftop pool. Glad to hear about the cool views!

I think you mean Courtyard Miami Downtown. The Courtyard South Beach around 40th and Collins and is on the beach but doesn't have a roof top pool. Unless we missed it. ;)

We are staying June 13th at the Courtyard Downtown that does have the rooftop pool. Glad to hear about the cool views!

40th and Collins is far from South Beach. The Courtyard South Beach is at 15th and Washington and does have a roof top pool.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Bay Inn and Marina? We need one night pre-cruise on January 30,2010. They have a package where they pick you up at the airport and drive you to the pier. We don't generally stay at Best Westerns but would consider it if it is adequate. We don't have to be near the ocean or South Beach. Any information would be appreciated.Thank you.

The Best Western Bay Inn is in North Bay Village, an area about 8 miles north of downtown Miami and about 13 miles from MIA. I have never been inside the Inn but pass it regularly. It is not a dump, but is an older hotel that does not look particularly attractive. I understand that during the construction boom that ended about two years ago, workers on the nearby projects got special rates and stayed there. It has a bar/restaurant and there are a couple of other restaurants nearby.

No, I wrote the Courtyard By Marriott South Beach and meant the CbM South Beach.

Not Mid Beach, not downtown, not the airport, not Coral Gables, not Hileah, not Homestead.

The downtown CbM's pool is not on the roof.

we stayed at the hyatt downtown in february and had a great suite for $65. I bid $65 for a 3 1/2 star or better in the downtown miami area through an agenct that has william shattner advertising for them. The only draw back in you name your price and star level and if they accept your line you have to take it. Hyatt is 5 to 10 mins from the port of miami.:) you can probably put in a price for an ocean front hotel. Why not give it a try.. Good luck.

lmao!!!! :d

Archived