QM2 Shows.

garigoun

I am really hopeful of a change in the show schedule too and asked the same question a month or so ago.

We liked all the QM2 shows on our last TA, albeit it would be a disappointment not to see a change in the evening entertainment 2 years on!:(

I did a little internet search and can't find anything other than to confirm that the new shows are coming soon - anyone got an update on that?

We've just returned and watched Appassionata, Crazy in Love and the final night the show was based on Cunard singers and dancers performed a Neil Diamond medley.

The RADA team did Hobson's Choice and Bottoms Dream.

We enjoyed all the shows we attended :confused::o:eek:

We've just returned and watched Appassionata, Crazy in Love and the final night the show was based on Cunard singers and dancers performed a Neil Diamond medley.

The RADA team did Hobson's Choice and Bottoms Dream.

We enjoyed all the shows we attended :confused::o:eek:

Those are different from last May at least.

Gari

Rock at the Opera... four times... (do I get a medal?)

First time, from choice, on my first crossing...

A year later...

Second time, with friends on our way to the Commodore Club...

A year later...

Third time, with my parents who wanted to "see a show"...

Two weeks later...

Fourth time, with a party of eleven friends, their first time on board QM2, who wanted to "see what's on at the Royal Court"...

Won't see it again...

Never seen Appassionata...

Rock at the Opera has gone, shuffled off its' mortal coil and been replaced by Crazy in Love. Apassionata lives on but may have the Mexican virus so we live in hope. Trouble is that Cunard sign a 3 or 4 year deal for the music, costumes,choreography and copyright, so they have them quite a while. If you didn't travel so much it would be ok or stay in the CC.

The first time, everyone is excused due to ignorance.

A further THREE times whatever the excuse qualifies you for free psychotherapy, not a medal.

You see Pepper, you see, life isn't always cruel.

Gari

Rock at the Opera has gone, shuffled off its' mortal coil and been replaced by Crazy in Love. Apassionata lives on but may have the Mexican virus so we live in hope. Trouble is that Cunard sign a 3 or 4 year deal for the music, costumes,choreography and copyright, so they have them quite a while. If you didn't travel so much it would be ok or stay in the CC.

From you calendar Cap'n looks like you'll be getting off as we get on in June. Your lucky star must be in the ascendant.

Gari

From you calendar Cap'n looks like you'll be getting off as we get on in June. Your lucky star must be in the ascendant.

Gari

June 25th I think I am due off, I will leave you a little something in the shower tray... :D Are you doing the 16/17 days or staying in NYC?

A year later...

Second time, with friends on our way to the Commodore Club...

A year later...

Third time, with my parents who wanted to "see a show"...

Two weeks later...

Fourth time, with a party of eleven friends, their first time on board QM2, who wanted to "see what's on at the Royal Court"...

Won't see it again...

Dont worry, you will never have to see it ever again, although, I may have some video footage I could email to you:eek:

So much better to just go to the CC dont you think

At the risk of a good flaming we actually loved Appasionata & Rock At The Opera, although wouldn't be very pleased if I were a frequent crosser to see the same entertainment schedule offered over & over again! However, I thought the song & dance medley on the last night absolutely sucked & the RAD abridged plays were curious choices & disappointingly 'Am Dram'.

Looking forward to seeing what the changes are like and think I can easily tolerate a repeat of Appasionata. :)

When did you travel Brit abroad? We travelled in 2006 and I enjoyed the workshops but the abridged performance of 'The Importance of Being Earnest' was rather disappointing especially as there were high expectations of the play from the audience, from the knowledgeable comments made.

Personally I think there was too much hype attached to the 'RADA' aspect- have seen equal and better in local amateur theatre.

I have read here that it is now 'Hobson's Choice' and wondering how that will be adapted for a transatlantic audience.

We go later in the year so looking forward to everything :D

When did you travel Brit abroad? We travelled in 2006 and I enjoyed the workshops but the abridged performance of 'The Importance of Being Earnest' was rather disappointing especially as there were high expectations of the play from the audience, from the knowledgeable comments made.

Personally I think there was too much hype attached to the 'RADA' aspect- have seen equal and better in local amateur theatre.

I have read here that it is now 'Hobson's Choice' and wondering how that will be adapted for a transatlantic audience.

They 'did' R III with bits chucked in nicked from 3H IV one time, about two years ago I think, anyone remember? Not so much 'did' as 'did for'. One guy who passed me on the way out hissed in my ear 'Off with his head'.

But they try Bless 'em they try. It's a floating holiday camp, not the Old Vic.

Gariicon7.gif

We crossed in July 2006 (20th wedding anniversary celebration).

I agree with your sentiments on RADA, after reading the Cunard blurb my expectations were probably way too high. The name of one of the plays escapes me - an old fashioned /quintessential southern counties caper about the antics at an annual village fete? The other was Midsummer's Night Dream. I think the cast and budget were just too tiny & stretched to deliver at the level the audience were hoping for, and I think we saw the casts first performance/crossing, so there were also a few first night nerves going on. Hopefully things have improved slightly since?

Archived