Thomson Spirit July 2009 (Baltic)

Hubby & I are on this one. our 2nd cruise but first time to Baltics, any ideas would be great, we going to do Thomson trips for St Petersburg, Gdansk and Copenhagen, but thought we might try and do our own thing for the others. What do you think.

Mo

St Petersburg Thomson excursions are a must really (if only for the visa issues), we (my wife, son and I) did the Panoramic tour, Yusopov palace (rasputin) with canal cruise and evening of Russian song and dance.....all 3 were amazing....the Russian song was the army male choir.....All other Cities/towns we did our own thing...... i.e in Wardermunde we bought a day runaround ticket from the train station (100 yards from docking) for 4 euros each and went to Rostock, the ticket can also be used on the trams in Rostock, what a beautiful city. Although we may do the Gdansk trip this year as Gdnyia was not really up to scratch.

Stockholm- shuttle bus to the centre, changing of the guard at the Royal palace 12 noon everyday is a must see. Also the Vasa museum was superb, we walked there (not far) about 6 euros to get in, ask when the next english guided tour starts, well worth waiting for, you get the full story. Kalundborg, what beautiful little town, fantastic traffic free parade with lovely shops, fabulous church/museum (free) and horse drawn carriage rides around the town. May see you on board, look out for the obvious shirt.

No Probs Mo.....I'm hoping that the Spirit is similar to the celebration (I know it's similar dimension/size wise (sister ship)), I mean daily schedules of Quizes, dance lessons etc etc. Thomson staff really know how to look after people.

Archived