Photos of Bermuda's new Heritage Wharf!!

bluesea777

How high mid ship would be high enough to be/see over the building at the pier?

Maybe Wednesday we will know when the Spirit arrives on her reposition cruise to Boston. Hopefully someone snaps several pictures and posts it of the ship and terminal, allowing us a good eye to eye judgement.

We really don't care which side our balcony is on. Dockside is interesting and ocean view is placid and beautiful.

I agree the dockside WAS interesting but if all you can see is the Terminal Building....that's not so interesting. I enjoyed dockside in Oct since we could watch everyone coming and going. Can't wait till we see the first photos from a balcony at Heritage Wharf. We have a stern stateroom next month so we should be good.

Spirit will be docking at Heritage Wharf tomorrow but I won't be able to go to Dockyard to see her.

But hopefully on Sunday I will be able to drive there to see her when she returns and take pictures.

P.S. thank heavens the 3 women drug smugglers are off Spirit!

My DW and I are on the Mayy 22nd cruise out of Boston. We have a balcony on deck 11 right side just a bit forward of mid ship. Hopefully we will be above the top of the terminal building even if we are on the side nearest the dock.

Anyone sailing on either the May 1st or May 8th it would be great if you could snap some pics and post them so we get a better idea.

Alan

Spirit will be docking at Heritage Wharf tomorrow but I won't be able to go to Dockyard to see her.

But hopefully on Sunday I will be able to drive there to see her when she returns and take pictures.

P.S. thank heavens the 3 women drug smugglers are off Spirit!

Hi BlueSea,

If you can get over there this Sunday and take some pictures that'd be great! :D Thanks!! In the interim if anyone else gets over there today I'd love to see pictures. It looks like she's facing out if the webcam picture is to be believed.

Also bluesea, what's going on with BDA's nightlife? Last year it stunk!! The only place to go that was of any quality was Opus Lounge in Hamilton. The two dance clubs that were there weren't really anything to scream at. Splash had closed by then. Are there any new club venues on the island - ones that actually play DANCE music? :cool: Thanks!

It appears to me the cabins above the promenade deck will be able to see over the roof, and those below won't midships. So the balconies and the highest oceanview deck should see over the roof. Thanks for this link to a picture snapped today of the Spirit at Heritage Wharf.....

It appears to me the cabins above the promenade deck will be able to see over the roof, and those below won't midships. So the balconies and the highest oceanview deck should see over the roof. Thanks for this link to a picture snapped today of the Spirit at Heritage Wharf.....

Yes ALL Balcony Cabins should be able to see over the Terminal. . .

I will be on the port side (Deck 11) next month. . . so as long as we dock the same way, it will be nice !

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

They added a new Pier (Heritage Pier)

Here are some of the Artist renderings of how it will look with 2 ships there. . . .

Radio

Map of the 2 Piers (Kings Wharf, and Heritage Wharf)

BDAPIER2.jpg

Rendering of how it will appear with 2 ships

BDAPIER3.jpg

With captions. . .

BDAPIER.jpg

Thanks for the pictures guys! I do hope the ship docks the same way it did today in a few weeks. I don't want a view of the building. I'm in steerage on Deck 5. :o Last year when the Dream went to Hamilton it messed up my grand St. George's harbor scheme. Let's hope it doesn't get messed up this year! A view of water and not concrete would be mighty helpful! :D

nice photos guys...thank you.

in the second photo (the one from a distance) it looks like the webcam i used to look at that you could control and see st george harbor also. unfortunately I lost the address of that webcam..anyone care to share it ???

Thanks, bob

nice photos guys...thank you.

in the second photo (the one from a distance) it looks like the webcam i used to look at that you could control and see st george harbor also. unfortunately I lost the address of that webcam..anyone care to share it ???

Thanks, bob

Try these:

Bermuda Maritime Operations Centre Public PTZ Web Camera:

http://209.240.42.187:1024/index.html

Weather cam in St George:

http://www.weatherbonk.com/weather/camDetail.jsp?id=cam_1215465095644

I'll be in a BC 10th deck Balcony on Spirit (Center, Starboard) leaving on the 8th (I can't believe its just over a week now!!!!). I will take some snapshots of whichever view I get! Either side will be a huge improvement over the breathtaking view of a faux-window painting I was expecting when I initially booked this cruise (I recently upgraded from inside).

I've been beaten!!!

When I got to work this morning I opened my Royal Gazette newspaper and there gracing the FRONT PAGE is the colour photo of Spirit docked at Heritage Wharf!!

http://www.royalgazette.com/siftology.royalgazette/index.jsp?sectionId=55

It appears the terminal building is only 6-7 decks high, so the balcony cabins are allright!!

Thanks for all of your efforts. There are some resourceful guys and gals on this website, who know how to surf. I didn't even know the MSC ship was in port, nor the ships would be pointing in the same direction. If the ships were pointing in different directions its possible the webcam shot would have been useless.

I've been beaten!!!

When I got to work this morning I opened my Royal Gazette newspaper and there gracing the FRONT PAGE is the colour photo of Spirit docked at Heritage Wharf!! >SNIP< It appears the terminal building is only 6-7 decks high, so the balcony cabins are allright!!

Thanks bluesea777,

I can't wait to get to Bermuda next month !

Radio

Photo on the front page of today's Royale Gazette

RG0430091.jpg

Courtesy of Royale Gazette

Just wanted to say thank you to EVERYONE for all the good info about the new pier, Bermuda, and the Spirit! Especially thanks to bluesea for the personal coverage, and to Clare for the awesome maggiecate website...love it! Radio, I have followed your live reports before and they are wicked awesome (yes I am from MA) and I am soooooo looking forward to your trip to Bermuda...cause I don't go til Sept.

I have been a little disappointed that we won't be docked in St. Georges, but I am quickly getting over it...and am now looking forward to being at the Dockyard. I'll be in Bermuda! I LOVE BERMUDA.

For those that are curious, here is one of my photos from the April 29th visit of the Spirit! The first photo was taken from the ferry when I was returning to the ship from Hamilton. The small yellow building is the terminal. We were on Deck 10 and were well clear of the roof of the terminal. The photo of the terminal building was taken from the balcony of 10526 as we were docking.

IMG_2902.jpg.c852a9e9c9a62aaf29921a0d0b5a04ad.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg.5065d1a42da0420fb5c8f607bc61141c.jpg

Archived