Photos of Bermuda's new Heritage Wharf!!

bluesea777

Thanks for the photos guys and gals! The Spirit should be heading be presenting herself to the pilot by 11AM for navigation of the channel. I can't wait to see which way she docks this week! :D

Neither can I.

Thank you everbody for the wonderful pictures and maps. We are on the Dawn in October for DH's 70th birthday cruise. We have alot of friends and family already booked (balconies) and some that are in the process of booking most likely OV. Most of these are 1st time NCL cruisers and we are trying to advise them (even though I know it's a crapshoot).

mtwingcpa - that's a great picture of the terminal building from 10th Deck Forward. Did you happen to take a picture straight out or to the right of your balcony?

Radio - enjoyed following all of your cruise reports. Loved your Gem-Bahamas as we were on the Gem a couple of weeks before you and it was like we were on the cruise again. Did you ever send Coka the pictures of the Mermaid?

Again - thanks to everyone - will be following this thread closely.

mtwingcpa - that's a great picture of the terminal building from 10th Deck Forward. Did you happen to take a picture straight out or to the right of your balcony?

Yes! Click the "photo pages" link below and look for an album that includes Bermuda (should be "up" by later today, if not already). There are some shots of the dockyard area from my balcony (port side on this trip) at the end of the set, mostly of the fortifications.

There is also a "Norwegian Spirit" album of random shots of my cabin and around the ship. :-)

Blue Seas...I see the put a moongate near the docks...That is so beautiful...so symbolic of Bermuda... really cant wait to ge there and stand underneath it with my DH... also have you heard if a place called Dennis Hideaway and if so how is the food...I heard it is pretty good...what do you think? Looking fo a local place to eat we might also go to Portofino in Hamilton...not sure..so let me know if you have any other suggestions....thanks;)

Blue Seas...I see the put a moongate near the docks...That is so beautiful...so symbolic of Bermuda... really cant wait to ge there and stand underneath it with my DH... also have you heard if a place called Dennis Hideaway and if so how is the food...I heard it is pretty good...what do you think? Looking fo a local place to eat we might also go to Portofino in Hamilton...not sure..so let me know if you have any other suggestions....thanks;)

I've been to Dennis' Hideaway a few times a couple of decades ago. Dennis himself has passed on, but his son Sea-Egg runs the place. Good local food - mostly deep fried. The place is at the other end of the island - it's in St. David's. And it's a BYOB place (bring your own bottle/beer).

Portofino is great Italian and there is another place that we go to a lot (GREAT pizzas) called La Trattoria. Both are in Hamilton.

Yes! Click the "photo pages" link below and look for an album that includes Bermuda (should be "up" by later today, if not already). There are some shots of the dockyard area from my balcony (port side on this trip) at the end of the set, mostly of the fortifications.

There is also a "Norwegian Spirit" album of random shots of my cabin and around the ship. :-)

mtwingcpa - Excellent photo pages! Thank you. I guess it doesn't matter which way the Dawn docks - both views are great.

I also enjoyed your Spirit photos. We were on the Spirit last August and enjoyed seeing her again. Such a beautiful ship with a great crew.

OMG!! I just had a closer look at the Bermuda 2009 Cruise Ship Schedule.

It appears that NCL Spirit will always dock at the new Heritage Wharf until 20/23 Sept.

NCL Dawn will dock at Kings Wharf first 3 cruises in May and then at Heritage Wharf for the rest of her visits to Bermuda until 28/30 Oct.

Sorry I had thought that Heritage Wharf was for NCL exclusively, but no.

RCI Jewel of the Seas will dock at HW 6/7 May.

Caribbean Princess will dock at HW on 22 May, 13 June, 15 Aug and 16 Oct (all on Saturdays when none of the NCL ships are in Bermuda).

Costa Atlantica will dock at HW on 3/4 Nov, and finally Carnival Dream on 9/10 Nov.

Not so .... on my way home from work just now (May 6th) I looked across the sound ...

NCL Dawn is docked PORT side at HERITAGE WHARF, and

RCI Jewel of the Seas is docked STARBOARD side at KING'S WHARF.

Aft cabin pax on both ships can see each other!!

Without the ten year deal between Bermuda and NCL for two big ships, one an exclusive from Boston, I doubt whether Bermuda would have built Heritage Wharf. It makes sense that NCL would use the new pier six days all summer. However, there are occasional seventh days when other cruise lines will use Heritage Wharf as well.

The NEW Heritage Wharf Pier had its Grand Opening yesterday. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Norwegian Dawn in the backround. . . .

DY4.jpg

This is the second week the Dawn berthed at Heritage Wharf instead of Kings Wharf. It was planned the Dawn would spend three weeks at Kings Wharf before moving over. It does appear that NCL ships will be using Heritage Wharf rather than Kings Wharf this year, six days out of seven each week during the summer season.

Has anyone taken snapshots of both NCL ships leaving and arriving not far away from Bermuda on Wednesday morning? Or is it they are too far from Bermuda for a good shot?

Wait, this is the Dawns first voyage to Bermuda from NY so this would be week 1.

You're correct. I guess that means Bermuda got all the bugs fixed and NCL really likes the new Heritage Wharf.

Give a thumbs up to the contractors for doing a great job, on time and hopefully on budget too.

Has anyone taken snapshots of both NCL ships leaving and arriving not far away from Bermuda on Wednesday morning? Or is it they are too far from Bermuda for a good shot?

I was wondering the same thing about the ships passing each other at sea. They wouldn't be too far apart really considering the time of arrival that the Dawn presents herself to the pilot. I'm guessing it'd be around 9AM on the Spirit that they'd pass each other if they stick with the 6AM sail time from BDA. I'll try and see if I can find her on the way out. :)

The NEW Heritage Wharf Pier had its Grand Opening yesterday. . . .

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Norwegian Dawn in the backround. . . .

DY4.jpg

Love seeing the Gombey dancers in the background - brings back great memories of our first trip and enhances my excitement for next month!!! Thanks for all the great photos, everyone!!!

Here they are - along with King's Wharf.

I went for a drive to Dockyard yesterday late afternoon to take a look around the place and to see the new Wharf. I hadn't been to Dockyard for about a year and saw some changes - for the better. They are doing good job in making the place to better accommodate the 2nd cruise ship which would double the number of passengers visiting Dockyard.

Makin' Waves in Hamilton opened a new store in Dockyard - bigger, and it is NOT inside the Clocktower mall but outside. There is a brand new Pharmacy next door to it - large too - selling daily needs plus there is a good selection of souvenirs. They sell 1.5 litre bottles of water for $1.80, and also they sell SD memory cards for cameras (and also cameras).

Now, back to the photos: when looking down the North Arm toward the sea from the entrance, the King's Wharf is the right arm and the new Heritage Wharf is the left arm. The latter's terminal is a lot larger (and higher) than the other.

Tip: don't pick a cabin mid-section of Dawn/Spirit!

I believe NCL got the cream of the deal by dibbing the new Heritage Wharf - it offers better sunset and general views from the ship while docked there.

NCL Spirit will christen the new Heritage Wharf this Wed 29th when she stops in Bermuda on her repo cruise. I'll be at work and may not see her.

Looking GOOD!!!!! Thanks for the Photos:) So where would you suggest a cabin on the DAWN.....

Archived