No jet lag

bubbieX4

hello everyone,

while surfing the net, i came across a product sold on magelleans web site called "No Jet Lag". the reviews seemed almost too good to be true. was wondering if any has used this product and if so what were the results. Thanks everyone for all your valuable information.

carol

I have not taken this product, but I have suffered from Jet Lag and thought I would offer some tips that always help me.

I live in the UK but am from the US, so we make the trip to and from Europe very often. The best bet when going East is a VERY protein heavy breakfast when you arrive. Do not fall asleep and try to get on the proper eating schedule as quickly as possible. When going back toward the US, I usually try to sleep on the plane so I can stay up later than 5PM, and again try to get on the regular eating schedule as quickly as possible.

Not sure why, but making sure my tummy is on par with the new time zone helps the rest of me!

Like Tara, I used to fly back and forth a lot: your body eventually just gets used to it. It also helps to set your watch (and try to fool your internal clock) to your destination time as soon as the flight attendants close the door.

Yes, I find the homeopathic Jet Lag helps a little.

Eating according to the Argonne Diet (Argonne National Laboratory -- the book may still be in print) helps more.

What helps me most of all is staying up til 10pm local time. Taking walks, getting some fresh air, seeing new things-- those keep me awake.

But what do you do for those three or four days after arrival when you sit bolt upright in bed at 5am and can't get back to sleep?

It definitely works for dh and me. We fly twice a year to the UK and I would not fly without it. DS travels a lot internationally - (New Zealand, Sweden, Poland, etc.) It works for him.

Jet lag was always a problem for me, but not anymore. I have suggested it to several friends. It didn't work for one. It's worth a try. I buy mine at Whole Foods Market for about $11.

I dont know about that....I have used it when traveling and it has helped me each time. I have used Melatonin insomnia for several yrs. I came across an article that said it is also used for jet lag. I started using it when traveling and have not suffered JL. I dont have time to look it up.

Also, I was only posting my experience with Melatonin and didnt feel the need to prove my personal experience by googling links.

I've used No Jet Lag a couple of times--I thought it helped some the first time. We flew in from London to Omaha last Wednesday and this time it didn't seem to help much.

Possibly it's because we had a horrific flight with delays at both ends, were up for over 25 hours straight, and were in economy instead of our usual business class!

It is homeopathic, doesn't contain melatonin, which I take daily anyway. Wish I'd remembered the diet recommendations that I've read before.

It's now Sunday night and I'm just starting to fell 'caught up'.

I've used No Jet Lag a couple of times--I thought it helped some the first time, (Omaha to Nairobi). We flew in from London to Omaha last Wednesday and this time it didn't seem to help much.

Possibly it's because we had a horrific flight with delays at both ends, were up for over 25 hours straight, and were in economy instead of our usual business class!

It is homeopathic, doesn't contain melatonin, which I take daily anyway. Wish I'd remembered the diet recommendations that I've read before.

It's now Sunday night and I'm just starting to fell 'caught up'.

Archived