Let's Accentuate The Positive

Luckysll

The workers (from all over the world)

This was one of my favorite parts, too! I LOVED that our waitress was Russian, her assistant was Mexican, my various massage therapists were Irish, Australian, and English, my room steward was South African, and virtually everyone else was from somewhere else in the world! That was a very nice surprise for me. I loved hearing all of the various accents.

On our first Carnival Cruise it was our anniversary, I think 10 years at the time and our first vacation away from our Heathens. We asked to be seated at a large table for dinner. At dinner no one showed up but us! We had ordered and were waiting for our first course when a lady at the next table sent our waiter over to ask us to join their table as they had two available seats. The table was seated with 8 couples at least 40 years older than us! What could we do but move.........turned out they were all newlyweds and we were the old married couple at the table! When they discovered it was our wedding anniversary each couple bought us a bottle of wine one a different night. It was the most special thing that could have happened for us. We were not big drinkers, then, and were sailing on a very limited budget. Their graciousness and company were a true gift.

We now try to pass this forward by sending a bottle of wine to a couple that we spot in the dining room each night. We ask the Asst. Maitre 'de to simply say this is compliments of another guest and may you enjoy your special time together/anniversary/honeymoon. On our summer cruise last year we sent a bottle to a same sex couple that had just married. They turned out to be on our excursion the next day and just raved about the gesture. Our son let it out of the bag by saying, hey my Mom and Dad do that all the time. So we shared our story with them and now they are going to continue the tradition.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love.

That is so sweet! I believe I would like to take on this tradition!

When I see people cutting in front of someone in a wheelchair to get on an elevator I will cut in front of everyone and when the door opens, I let the handicapped person on then I step back and wait my turn. There was one cruise I took out of NY and saw it over and over. Drove me crazy!

When I see people cutting in front of someone in a wheelchair to get on an elevator I will cut in front of everyone and when the door opens, I let the handicapped person on then I step back and wait my turn. There was one cruise I took out of NY and saw it over and over. Drove me crazy!

I've seen things like this happen on the "main land" time and time again. Usually the wheel chair person doesn't say anything to them. A few nudges from the chair into the back of the leg will do wonders without saying a peep. And I agree, it drives me nuts too. Makes me thankful to be healthy and able to get around.

To the OP, thanx for the good thread! I'm with the other poster that's tired of the swine flu crap. Yes I know that people are upset (I would be too) but that doesn't mean they have to come here posting about how terrible carnival is and how they could/couldn't do this or that which so-n-so got away with doing. No I'm not referring to anyone in particular but DAM!! If it was me in their shoes I surely wouldn't come here to "vent"! I'd sit the 2-4 hours on hold with CARNIVAL or TA and let them have it if that's what I thought would make me feel better. I know it sure wouldn't change the fact that they aren't going to mexico. And now I'll agree with the other poster that said people fear being flamed for stating their OPINION and hope this doesn't get hammered....

That would be great......being new to the boards, I have come to the conclusion that.... that is why it is called "Cruise Critic" and not "Cruise Commender"......

Critic= One who tends to make harsh or carping judgments; a faultfinder

Commend = praise

I too, would enjoy more positive posts!...:)

Actually, a critic is supposed to assess the positives and negatives of something, such as a cruise. So, a review can be positive, negative, or anywhere in between!

I have seen and done many acts of kindness on cruises. My favorite was on my last cruise. There was a young man with down syndrome who always wanted to participate in the activites. To a fault, everyone was gracious towards him, both crew and passengers.

The line we were on, Celebrity, had a King and Queen of the cruise contest. All the passengers cheered the most for him and he was awareded King of the Cruiseship.

My eyes misted up and then I lost it when I saw his mother crying.

Just one of many stories I could tell......

Happy cruising,

Nancy

really enjoy hearing positive reviews..

i know there are time s things just don t go as expected..and i only think it fair that of a poster post something negative..it would only seem fair to

list the positive s as well..

IMO..some threads seem d to have been started for no other reason than

to pursuade other s not cruise a certain ship or cruiseline..

Archived