Need advice on getting to and from Nanaimo

Hey OP - AC Seat Sale today!!!! Trouble is, it's still just for flights to 30 June but, if you were thinking of coming early July anyway, why not fly out from Toronto to Nanaimo on 30th June? The fare is showing as $219 one way - $280 all included (taxes, surcharges etc.). A bargain for sure. That's if you want to get to Nanaimo on 30 June.

I still think the $285 regular fare is cheap compared to what I've paid before but, I'm holding out for that elusive $219 through to October seat sale ;).....

I got the $219 today! :D:D:D And $224 for the return on a Friday, so I booked both of them! Thanks for all your advice!

I got the $219 today! :D:D:D And $224 for the return on a Friday, so I booked both of them! Thanks for all your advice!

Well done! I just checked it out and looks like they extended the sale dates through to 31 August so, hmmmm, maybe end of June or early July I'll get my date on sale! Fingers crossed.

Enjoy Nanaimo. On the topic of pubs (from a local) - you can't beat the Fox & Hounds right in town. Lovely atmosphere - just like a true British pub with snugs everywhere. Small, friendly, good food and, an added bonus for us with children - they allow kids. I don't miss much about the UK (lived there for 6 years) but going to our local pub for a pint in the evening, without the hassle of arranging babysitting, was lovely. Anyway, kids or no, take it from someone who's married to a Brit, had British parents and who's had experience of the real thing - the Fox & Hounds is a true pub......they even have Walker's Crisps. Now, if only they could get Porky's Pork Scratchings in I'd be in heaven.

• 3 weeks later...
I still think the $285 regular fare is cheap compared to what I've paid before but, I'm holding out for that elusive $219 through to October seat sale ;).....

Hey I remembered and checked for you! Air Canada is at $230 for mid October dates right now (into Montreal, and $252 into Quebec City)..... I'm sure you've been checking daily, but I did promise you I'd look too! ;):D

Hey I remembered and checked for you! Air Canada is at $230 for mid October dates right now (into Montreal, and $252 into Quebec City)..... I'm sure you've been checking daily, but I did promise you I'd look too! ;):D

Thanks, you're a sweetie! You're right though, I have been looking and I ended up booking last week. Have a great trip to Nanaimo and a wonderful cruise.

Archived