NCL Star BD and BE differences?

bmwm311

Hey guys, I booked an Alaskan cruise on the Star with a Balcony Category BE. Both Balcony category BD and BE are on Deck 8 and right next to each other, but they have a different category, anybody know why? Plus the BE was priced a little lower than BD. I hope it's not an obstructed view or anything.

Both the BE and BD cabins have an unobstructed view. There are 2 differences. The BE cabins are further forward and therefore a little less desirable. The BE cabins have a iron shell around them. If you go to NCL.com you can see more white around those cabins. We stayed in one a few years ago and it was just fine. We actually liked it a bit better because it was more private. The view was the same. Some people say that being more forward on the ship is rockier, with more swaying motion. We didn't find that to be true. If I were you, I'd pick the cheaper cabin or pick a guarantee cabin and perhaps get a free upgrade to a BD or better.

Was just on the Star in Feb. and had cabin 8056 on deck 8. Not sure if this is near the cabins you're looking at. The cabin location was great and the balcony was fine. It did have a little more of an iron shell around it but made no difference in the view. It was a little more private.

Thanks guys for the fast responses! Ok, I'm relieved that the BE's aren't really any different. I did book a guarantee BE, but now I kinda want the more "private" balcony, haha.

I hope this photo of the Jewel explains it some.

Jewel_closeup.jpg

The balcony cabins on Deck 8, and the forward most cabins on Decks above, have "framed" balconies.

The steel framing does provide more privacy.

Archived