Prince William Sound

rollingstone

Has anyone done the 6 hour cruise with Alaskan Heritage Tours? They said that there is no assigned seating. Is it a free for all to get on the boat and sit by the windows? I will be bringing 2 older ladies who will probably just sit by the window and watch the scenery from there (instead of walking outside). I would hate for them to get stuck in the middle seats all day (while paying the same as the people with better seats).

I know that this may sound like a trivial thing but I am trying to make this a memorable trip for them.

The boats used by Prince William Sound/Alaska Heritage have cushioned bench-like seats with excellent views from either the window or the aisle. There is no middle section like you find on some airliners. There are two viewing decks as well plus outside seating on the upper deck. You won't miss a thing.

Has anyone done the 6 hour cruise with Alaskan Heritage Tours? They said that there is no assigned seating. Is it a free for all to get on the boat and sit by the windows? I will be bringing 2 older ladies who will probably just sit by the window and watch the scenery from there (instead of walking outside). I would hate for them to get stuck in the middle seats all day (while paying the same as the people with better seats).

I know that this may sound like a trivial thing but I am trying to make this a memorable trip for them.

It looks like the 11:00 tour also caters to folks arriving from Anchorage by rail or bus. Since the cruise ship arrives early, would you have the opportunity to board the glacier boat before the rail/bus folks arrive? if so, less pushing and shoving.............

As far as I know, there is no promo code. You simply ask if any specials are available.

The 11am tour bring people to Whittier via their own vehicles or a small bus from downtown Anchorage. It's the shorter 1:30pm tour that uses the Alaska Railroad.

Does anyone have a promo code for this tour that gives you a discount?

Red Hat: Since i gather that you are in a "red Hat " catagory, you might be elibible for an AARP discount on the Alaska Heritage tour. You save about 15. a ticket,but you have to call to book the reservation, there is nowhere on their website that states anything about this discount. I was surprised when I called and they told me about the AARP discount. For the two of us, on the 6 hr. tour it comes up to 272.65 inlcuding tax and fees included. Every little bit helps in savings!:D

Archived