Three adults in one room!!!!

karjoe

we have 2 connecting rooms booked for our cruise in 2 weeks (b705 and 703)

the 4 kids will be in the quad (21,18,18,and 14)

the way we looked at it was sure they may be cramped but thye only time we will be in the room is for sleeping

and i didn't book inside because I get claustraphobic w/o windows or something that opens to the outside

We are three adults travelling on the Grand in September. I don't know what it is like in the USA but over here in the UK we paid hardly anything for the extra person. I think it only cost about £119 more, they must just charge for food. So if you divide the full amount by three it was a real bargain for us to have mini suite. It actually worked out cheaper than two of us in a balcony stateroom.

Last May I traveled on the Crown Princess in cabin B303, we had 3 adults in our balcony cabin (keep in mind that this is a handicap room, which does have move room). The third bunk came out of the ceiling directly over the bed below and was pulled down and prepared each night by our room stewart. The bed was comfortable but does require one to climb a ladder.

Hello all,

My wife and I have just recently been on the Emerald (got back last week) where we had a baja deck stateroom with balcony - it was absolutely what we wanted.....however when we got home and told our son about the cruise, he said he would like to come on the next one (Ruby..Aug 20th 09 - med). So we've booked baja deck again - midship. My question is - I can't think where they put the 'other' bed - I'm assuming it will be pretty cramped in the room......anyone had more than two in the same room and was it cramped....any suggestions..

We had our daughter come with us on one of our cruises and had the same type of cabin. Balcony really helped. It was fine. How much are you in the cabin anyways? :)

I have done several cruises on Princess with 4 adult women in an outside room, no problems, and none of us are young (50's and 60's) or thin! The beds have always dropped out of the ceiling and there is plenty of room to sit up on them as there is a large open space where they were pulled out of. My only problem was using the laddar with my "tender" feet, so I kept my sandles in the bed with me to use on the laddar. We like the savings with 4 sharing the room.

On the Star we had 4 in a balcony room. Asked for 2 more chairs for the balcony and there was room for all of us out there to have our coffee and enjoy the views. Though a bit tight it worked for us.

We have a system for 4 in a room: I bring extra hangers to hang 4 pants or shirts in a row. We allocate 1 shelf in the bathroom for each and equal amounts of drawer space for each. We have always had enough room for all we have brought and we each bring 2 suitcases and a carry on. Luggage goes under the beds with smaller case in the larger one. Have also done a balcony room for 3 with just one pull down bed.

We cruised Celebrity once with 3 of us and they had a hide-a-bed chair. We didn't like that much as it made it crowded and more difficult to move around with the bed open. We never felt crowded with the upper bunks opened.

So I'll be on the Star Princess soon, in cabin B518... with 3 adults (including myself) in the room. This will be my first time in a balcony cabin, so please bear with me if I make any wrong assumptions.

I've heard some people saying that the third bed comes out from a wall, and not above the queen-size main bed in the balcony room. But now I see that this is not the case. Would anyone who has experience with Baja deck balcony cabins on the Star Princess be able to confirm that the third bed does indeed comes from the wall and above the queen-size main bed? (We got the balcony cabin as an extremely good deal from our travel agent, and I think it would be financially infeasible for us to change to a mini-suite.)

For the record, I'm a relative veteran of being in inside rooms with more than 2 adults--once on the Sapphire Princess and once also on the Star Princess. I've even stayed in an inside room on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas with 2 adults and one teenager... which isn't an experience that I'd like to repeat, no matter how much I don't mind sharing an inside with more than 2 adults.

On every Princess cruise I have been on the beds come from the ceiling, not from the wall.

On the Star it was 2 beds above the beds on the floor and on the Emerald it was 1 bed from the ceiling (only 3 of us on this cruise).

On every Princess cruise I have been on the beds come from the ceiling, not from the wall.

On the Star it was 2 beds above the beds on the floor and on the Emerald it was 1 bed from the ceiling (only 3 of us on this cruise).

These fold up against he wall and are not recessed. They stick out when not in use.

2162641870101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

We did a Princess cruise on the old Regal Princess back in 1996 when our sons were 17 and 18. We had an ocean view with the bunks that pulled down from the ceiling. It was tight but not a problem. Once my dh and the boys were dressed for dinner, they would go out to the aft viewing area ( which was close to our cabin) giving me plently of room and privacy to get ready. Worked out just fine.

Hello all,

My wife and I have just recently been on the Emerald (got back last week) where we had a baja deck stateroom with balcony - it was absolutely what we wanted.....however when we got home and told our son about the cruise, he said he would like to come on the next one (Ruby..Aug 20th 09 - med). So we've booked baja deck again - midship. My question is - I can't think where they put the 'other' bed - I'm assuming it will be pretty cramped in the room......anyone had more than two in the same room and was it cramped....any suggestions..

We would never do it, but to each his own.

We would never do it, but to each his own.

this is very true. i personally have no issue sharing with two other adults however it is important that each person keeps their stuff organized and not strewn all over the already small-ish cabin. ;) it is definitely an orchestrated song and dance with a lot of taking turns mixed with patience. :D

I have traveled with my mom and sister. The hardest part for us was showering in the morning especially if you have an early tour. My sister who usually showered first had to get up 2 hours before breakfast to get all of us to shower and leave for breakfast on time. But maybe that was just because it was 3 women in a cabin as we probably take longer in the bathroom then men.

The key word here is Adults.

Is he going to pay his own way? Pay his own bar tab? Pay his part of the trips?

Have you really thought this through?

Vacations are to get away.

We work hard for our vacations.

Our adult son moved back home 5 months ago and I'm stuck footing the bill..you won't see me paying for his vacation too. Everyday has been a vacation for him.

Since he moved in we've been on 2 cruises to get away!

S.

Archived