Our experience at Pier 91

denisey

• 2 weeks later...
Kind of off topic but it does have to do with traffic. Years a go on our Diamond Princess cruise whatever could go wrong did. Late leaving and late getting back to port. Long stories not needed here. When we were able to finally get off the ship the traffic around the port was unbelievable. People getting off the ship and people getting on at the same time. To top it of there were two games being played at the fields so all the traffic for that also. I remember it took us about 3 hours just to get to the highway from the port. I was just thankful we didn't have a flight to catch. Hopefully by September any confusion will be smoothed out. If not I don't mind just watching everyone going crazy.:D

Eileen

That's one of the advantages to the new terminal being where it is: You're not right next to the stadiums so you'll be less likely to get caught in a Perfect Storm of traffic nightmares like you described. Yeah, you need to take surface streets to get to either Hwy 99 or I-5 to get to the airport, but you'll have options on routing to access them if there are any snarls downtown.

Archived