HELP - ATM question!

My Credit Union just advice me that when using the ATM machine you can only get money from savings and doesn't give you an option for checking accounts? Is that true?

I want to make sure that my money is in the right account and I'm not left with not being able to access my money.:eek:

In my experience it is just the opposite. I can access my primary checking account, but not my savings account. Perhaps it has to do with whichever account is considered the "primary" account with the bank/credit union?

I would double-check with someone else at your credit union.

I think every credit union has their own type of accounts linked to the card. We couldn't say what yours does.

I would go into the CU and talk to the personal banker service rep and straighten it out.

Your CU can certainly do this but it is not standard.

Nothing wrong with asking a Power That Be at the CU for confirmation but whatever he/she said, I wouldn't accept it as gospel.

I'd find a third party ATM and "waste" the couple of dollar service fee and try taking cash out of both accounts. You don't want to be in Tana Tuva (Russian territory boarding Mongolia) and find out you can't access your money

Archived