Just back off the Holiday!!!

CMOTO

Hi. I just wanted to put my two cents in, this was our first cruise so i have nothing to compare to, but OMG!!! We LOVED it, and for being the smallest ship, well it sure was big enough for us, and the food was GREAT, i ate every tow hours i swear. We did have a little brown water but once it ran it went away. and the smell we only smelled it once or twice but it wasnt there the whole time it was there and then it was gone. i thought everything was just awesome. the staff, the food, the ship,i would go again in a heartbeat. I am glad i didnt listen to all the horror stories from some of these posts, i guess some ppl just cant be happy with anything!!

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time. I have been on the Holiday several times and have never had a bad cruise yet. The Holiday has some of the best and friendliest crew I have ever sailed with.

We did our annual girls cruise on the Holiday last year and one of the bartenders was going home for good after being on her for 9 years. As many times as I have sailed on the Holiday it kind of felt like I was losing an old friend. Sure I will feel the same way when she leaves the fleet in November.

Glad you had a great time, we have been on her several times and loved each and every one. The staff and crew are fabulous. Is Tory still the cruise director? The first time we did not like her at all, but the next few times she had toned her act down some.

So glad to hear positive input on the Holiday. We sail in 3 weeks for our first cruise so I try to take the negative feedback with a grain of salt. I don't want to go on our cruise with any negatives stuck in my head, I want to enjoy everything to the fullest and have the best vacation we can.

I've been on the Holiday three times, and loved her every time!!!

Mobile is such a short distance from where we live (Panama City, FL). The service was always great, the crew exceptional, and the food.............never a problem. I will miss that little ship!!!:)

sailing again next Mon. I treated my table to champagne on Fri..my 100th night aboard Holiday..Will sail her til the end...

you should consider sailing her again in 2 weeks... and sitting at my table ;)

Thanks OP for letting us know about the holiday! i'm anxiously awaiting my trip on her in a couple of weeks!

c'mon down !... I'm already looking at 2010 dates.. but my TA's page only goes to April '10 can you give me another site for Fantasy sailings..one that is an easy navigate..not the CCL one tho... I also now have 23 Ships, onna stick, and 4 medals..I even won with 13 outta 20..duh! Tx, Dave, hello to Michelle..j

So glad to hear positive input on the Holiday. We sail in 3 weeks for our first cruise so I try to take the negative feedback with a grain of salt. I don't want to go on our cruise with any negatives stuck in my head, I want to enjoy everything to the fullest and have the best vacation we can.

Don't worry about it turtle, most of the bed reviews you read are from seasoned cruisers who are used to the biggest, newest, shiniest, and a lot of bells and whistles. For example, you read the seasoned cruisers who sail her and complain hardily about the "brown water." But, as the OP pointed out, she let it run a bit and it was gone. End of the world vs. no big deal. It would be like eating at Ruth's Chris or Mortons and then trying to go back to Outback for a steak. Ruth's Chris and/or Mortons have spoiled them to the "bigger and better" and you'd hear those folks "complain" about a steak that a lot of people really enjoy. Simply because it wasn't Ruth's or Morton's quality. Well, hello??? It's not SUPPOSED to be!! One cannot compare the Holiday, which is certainly tiny by today's standards, to any of the new ships today and expect any kind of unbiased review. So, take it with a grain of salt, go in with the expectations that the OP seemed to take with her, and I know you'll have a good time. :D

Archived