Xcaret with a scooter possible?

MRIrene

I have read in other posts that the paths at Xcaret are rocky and rough. My DM will be using a scooter on this cruise and I really wanted her to see this park. Has anyone had any experience with a scooter there?

Thanks,

Irene

My wife went through Xcaret in her Travelmate. Almost everything is accessible. The only area of concern is around the croc pit - the walkway is VERY rough using large stones. She almost flipped into the pit. Think what that could have done to the crocs digestive track. Other than that, we highly recommend Xcaret.

As to other areas in Playa del Carmen, Tulum is fantastic but totally unsuited for handicap. Playa del Carmen itself is a fine little village - GREAT Pina coladas at the streetside bars.

Thanks Winks! From what I have read in other posts, it looks like Xcaret has something that everyone will enjoy. We have a wide range of ages...from 17 to 75. The younger ones will probably like the snorkeling and tubing, while the older ones will probably just enjoy the views and displays.

Irene

My wife used the wheelchairs they have at the park. The tires are alittle bigger than hers. Plus it has a little storage under the seat. This was a few years ago, but I assume they still have them available. There was a web site for this park. Sorry I don't have it.

• 1 month later...

We didn't make it to Xcaret. We changed our plans and went to Paradise Beach instead. It was free and everyone had a great time. DM sat under covered patio and drank frozen drinks with little umbrellas. Great shrimp cocktails too!

Archived