Will mariner go to cabo tomorrow?

Doesn't the Mariner have to make at least one stop in a foreign port before returning to LA? And all the ports are in Mexico so if they don't stop in Cabo because of the swine flu, they wouldn't stop in Mazaltan and Puerto Vallarta. Hope they make all 3 stops and hope all on board stay safe. I have some really good friends on that ship right now.

A group of CC just got off of the Mariner yesterday. Some have upper respiratory illness.........very similar to some that went around the horn for 46 nights.

I had flu symptoms.....which turned out to be the 24 hour type........and also,.....(ahem) the D word.......which Cipro is now taking care of....for me. I had a wonderful plate of fresh ahi.......served fresh....and raw.

As we had Yellow Fever inocculations for something that we might run into, if there is an injection for the swine flu (I don't think that they have it perfected as of yet).........I would strongly suggest that you get it.

We will just have to see how this plays out within the next month or so.

My prayers are that it's not a pandemic............and can be contained.

Rick

A group of CC just got off of the Mariner yesterday. Some have upper respiratory illness.........very similar to some that went around the horn for 46 nights.

I had flu symptoms.....which turned out to be the 24 hour type........and also,.....(ahem) the D word.......which Cipro is now taking care of....for me. I had a wonderful plate of fresh ahi.......served fresh....and raw.

As we had Yellow Fever inocculations for something that we might run into, if there is an injection for the swine flu (I don't think that they have it perfected as of yet).........I would strongly suggest that you get it.

Rick

Unfortunately its already a pandemic....which is not as "horrible" as it sounds...just means it has spread over a wide area....

can someone on the mariner tell me if the ship will go to cabo tomorrow despite swine flu warning!

Ralph............are you already aboard??? Did we miss you guys by just a week.

We were told that you would not be in Mazatlan for 2 weeks....is this correct??

Wish that you were with us on our cruise!!

Rick

Rick

Hi, Rick. Glad to see you are feeling better. Seems like some CCers posted about not feeling well, and I saw your post last night about having flu-like symptoms. Got a little concerned there :eek:

My cruise is in less than two weeks, so I am watching these reports very carefully. I bought this trip as a Christmas gift for my mother.... so we have been anticipating it for several months.

This just seems a little unreal....especially since "flu season" should be over by now.

I guess we could just sail around Catalina for 7 days............noooooooo or maybe the captain could just hang a right and go to Hawaii.........:D

Looks like the place to go this week for the passengers will be the Pharmacies. I am a firm beleiver in taking 2 ibuprofen ( Doctor says OK ) everyday and Bill will bring Penicillian with us when we are cruising. Let's hope this does not become hysteria and people take a step back. Keep safe and hopefully everything will be OK. We were on the Inagural Mariner after she came in from around the horn and we were fine. Maybe all of the Free Alcohol we drank. We will be back on her on May 31st and am not worried. Get out there and have fun and have no worries.

Happy Cruising! :)

Mike

I just read a post on another board that the Sapphire Princess has turned around and is heading back up. It will apparently make a stop in Ensenada, but no one will get off.

I guess we will learn more about this and perhaps Mariner by tomorrow.:(

Looks like the place to go this week for the passengers will be the Pharmacies. I am a firm beleiver in taking 2 ibuprofen ( Doctor says OK ) everyday and Bill will bring Penicillian with us when we are cruising. ....Maybe all of the Free Alcohol we drank. We will be back on her on May 31st and am not worried. Get out there and have fun and have no worries.

Neither the ibuprofen nor the penicillin will do anything for the flu. Well, the ibuprofen might make the aches and pains feel a bit better. As far as the alcohol- I am a firm believer that drowning viruses in alcohol may be of some benefit!:D

Well Tuesday morning (4/28) will tell the tale. Sapphire Princess is supposed to port in Puerto Vallarta at 8am (Carnival owns Princess & Holland). According to Sailwx.info, Sapphire is currently nowhere near Puerto Vallarta (11pm 4/27). She is just far enough down to get some warm weather.

Will Mariner of the Seas make it to Cabo by 10:30am Tuesday (4/28)?

Will Carnival Splendor make it to Puerto Vallarta by 10am Wednesday morning (4/29)?

We shall see.

See link below

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

We have a group of friends that have just cancelled their land trip to Cabo. They were set to leave tomorrow. Some in the group are physicians. The main reason they cancelled, was because a large group of physicians and volunteers from our community have cancelled their yearly pilgrimage to help out the sick and needy. This group has been going down to a remote area of Mexico for many, many years.) They were to leave early this morning, but cancelled the trip late last night.

These cancellations were done after talking to US officials who heavily advised the group to stay away. It's a shame because the medical mission trip is planned all year long. My DH and I help gather supplies such as medicine, books and toys. Hundreds of suitcases full of gathered supplies may now go to waste. The citizens of the remote Mexican area line up days in advance for medical treatment from this group. They will be so disappointed when the medical group does not arrive. :( I feel that the group would not have canceled this mission so easily, and they must have some "extra" information from the government about the situation. :rolleyes:

Well Tuesday morning (4/28) will tell the tale. Sapphire Princess is supposed to port in Puerto Vallarta at 8am (Carnival owns Princess & Holland). According to Sailwx.info, Sapphire is currently nowhere near Puerto Vallarta (11pm 4/27). She is just far enough down to get some warm weather.

Will Mariner of the Seas make it to Cabo by 10:30am Tuesday (4/28)?

Will Carnival Splendor make it to Puerto Vallarta by 10am Wednesday morning (4/29)?

We shall see.

See link below

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

Thanks for the link.

At the present time, it looks like the Mariner of the Seas is not even close to going to Cabo. She normally is fairly close to land, as the two Princess ships are (as indicated by the shiptracker). They only have a bit less than 5 hours to be in the bay.

Rick

Thanks for the link.

At the present time, it looks like the Mariner of the Seas is not even close to going to Cabo. She normally is fairly close to land, as the two Princess ships are (as indicated by the shiptracker). They only have a bit less than 5 hours to be in the bay.

Rick

I believe that site is NOT real time but has a several hour delay, the times post correctly but the positions are not updated in real time.

I believe that site is NOT real time but has a several hour delay, the times post correctly but the positions are not updated in real time.

Thanks for the update. If you take a look at the scheduled route on **********, you will note that the "normal" route is quite close to shore. I can say this with some comfort as we just got off of the Mariner on Sunday.

So, my question......with the ships co ordinates even delayed, why is she so far out to sea??

Rick

Unfortunately its already a pandemic....which is not as "horrible" as it sounds...just means it has spread over a wide area....

According to whom?

According to the World Health Organization, it is NOT a pandemic (yet).

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html

Phase 4 indicates a significant increase in risk of a pandemic but does not necessarily mean that a pandemic is a forgone conclusion.

Maybe not this cruise, but if Mexico is shut down for a while you may see the LA ships going up to Vancouver and Victoria. This has been done in the past when hurricanes were threatening Baja.

Rick

my dh and i just got home late last night from the cruise too...both of us are just fine....did not see anyone at any of the ports looking like they were sick....i guess we just lucked out!!! was nice to meet you rick!

Maybe not this cruise, but if Mexico is shut down for a while you may see the LA ships going up to Vancouver and Victoria. This has been done in the past when hurricanes were threatening Baja.

As long as I get to cruise.............whatever is fine with me. I just need to know what to pack.......;)

Archived