If we were rerouted.....

you caribbeaners are lucky, i just hoping that I don't get sent to Seattle and Canada! The whole reason I chose Mexican Riviera was for the HOT sun and because it was a fairly short drive to the port city. Or else I woulda just gotten tickets to San Juan!

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question...

IF they were to cancel Cozumel then what would happen to my cruise?..lol..I am to sail from FLL to Key West then to Cozumel..so if I lost Cozumel what would I do? Sit in Key West?..lol..:eek:

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a question...

IF they were to cancel Cozumel then what would happen to my cruise?..lol..I am to sail from FLL to Key West then to Cozumel..so if I lost Cozumel what would I do? Sit in Key West?..lol..:eek:

They would have to find another foreign port to visit as you can't only visit Key West on an RCCL ship (the cruiseline would face a fine for violating the PVSA).

Alternate ports could include CocoCay, Nassau, or Freeport Bahamas, or Grand Cayman but unless RCCL makes a decision to cancel in advance you won't know until you get on the ship.

IMO I think they would either give you an extra sea day or maybe they may try Grand Cayman if they can handle the extra people and if RCI wants to pay the port fees. That would be great if they did that..!!

The issue will be what other ports are on an itinerary. For the Freedom of the Seas, a sea day is the most likely solution unless they can find another port with an open berth available that they aren't already visiting.

But for the Enchantment itinerary with Key West and Cozumel they can't just skip Cozumel and make it a sea day. They MUST make a foreign port stop to avoid violating the PVSA. So they will find a substitute port for Cozumel.

They would have to find another foreign port to visit as you can't only visit Key West on an RCCL ship (the cruiseline would face a fine for violating the PVSA).

Alternate ports could include CocoCay, Nassau, or Freeport Bahamas, or Grand Cayman but unless RCCL makes a decision to cancel in advance you won't know until you get on the ship.

Thank you!! I didn't know that...that they have to make a stop in a foreign port for what you said...I was scared we would just park it in Key West..lol..NOOOoooooo I don't want that! Any of the places you mention would be fine, some better than others, but at least I will get to somewhere. :) I would LOVE to go to CoCoCay!! I tried once but no luck...thanks for the info

I have a feeling that this is going to end up being one giant jig saw puzzle and RC trying to fit the pieces together.

At least the WC has more options, the MR and the Mariner has nowhere else to go.....we love sea days so it wouldn't bother us if had no ports, but that would be one huge violation of the PVSA.

The issue will be what other ports are on an itinerary. For the Freedom of the Seas, a sea day is the most likely solution unless they can find another port with an open berth available that they aren't already visiting.

But for the Enchantment itinerary with Key West and Cozumel they can't just skip Cozumel and make it a sea day. They MUST make a foreign port stop to avoid violating the PVSA. So they will find a substitute port for Cozumel.

Agreed, thats why I said Grand Cayman - So they can tender instead of trying to find an open dock.

Just wondering....On our western route on the Freedom, if we are to not stop at Cozumel..do you think we would have an extra sea day or replace it with elsewhere???

There is no way to know what port might be available for an alternative if at all.

At least the WC has more options, the MR and the Mariner has nowhere else to go

That's my concern... we leave in a little more than 3 weeks for Mariner.

I don't really see the ship as my destination, I chose this itinerary for the ports. (That we've never been to)

I know it won't happen, but I really hope that if RCCL has to change the itin to Pacific Coast and Vancouver, they will give us a chance to reschedule, rebook or whatever. I hate giving up my center hump balcony, but I'd rather do that than go somewhere I don't want to go!

And frankly, I don't think I could afford a cruise to nowhere. It's those sea days when we really rack up the $$$ on our Sea Pass!

I certainly hope that my next cruise which is not for three weeks yet has already made plans to be re-routed. I have heard some stupid comments about having the choice not getting off the ship in Mexico or "wash wash wash your hands" to keep you safe. That just doesn't sit well with me. We are not sure, what if anything the insurance poilcy will do for us, but since this country has hightened its level of warning to a four, I would truly hope for the best.

We have decided Not to go if the ship we are on does go into Mexico during the next two weeks. Sorry, that is just how we feel.

We have decided Not to go if the ship we are on does go into Mexico during the next two weeks. Sorry, that is just how we feel.

Don't apologize. There's nothing wrong with looking out for your own well being. ;)

Do you think that the PVSA would allow changes due to this circumstance??? I mean, would they allow rules to be bent in this situation?

Considering that they've assessed this fine on individuals who had to leave cruises early due to deaths in the family, my guess is no but that's just a guess.

Archived