My Cruise and St. Thomas Wedding Review

esbie11

Congrats Congrats!

I am going to get married on BlueBeard's this coming Sept too! I will be cruising with Freedom of the Seas.

I am also planning to do Trash the dress after the ceremony =)

I want to know your timeline of your wedding day?

You had a luncheon reception!

I felt everything is so tight and rush rush rush - thus I won't have a reception.

After getting off the ship, I will be going to the court, then to hotel to get changed plus hair and make-up. Then ceremony @ 4pm then Trash the dress + lotz of photos!

We will have around 40 people. So I will have my guests to tour the island and have their lunch first then I will arrange transportation to take them to the beach!

What was the order of your events?

Which hotel room did you book to get ready?

:)

We were docked there from 8am-5pm. First, we handled the legal stuff at home so I wouldn't have to worry about doing the court stuff in the morning. Our ceremony was at 11am. At 10:15, a van came to pick up DH and some of our guests. At 10:45 another van came to pick myself and the rest of our guests up and take us to Bluebeard's. That way, I did not see DH ahead of time. I didn't get ready in a hotel room. I thought about it, but I didn't want to pay for a room that I would only be using for an hour or two. I just got ready on the ship. I went to MAC cosmetics ahead of time and had them do my makeup and they showed me how to do it myself. So, I did my makeup myself on the wedding day. My SIL is a hairstylist, so she did my hair. We had a balcony room, and although it wasn't huge, and we had plenty of room to get ready on the ship. Our ceremony was at 11, and we took pictures until about 12:15 following the ceremony. Then we had a luncheon reception from 12-2, which included appetizer type foods and an open bar. The food was excellent! The steel pan player was done playing at 1pm, so I brought my iPod and some small speakers and I just played my "island playlist" for the remaining time. It wasn't a typical reception with dancing and all of that jazz, although I guess our guests could have danced if they wanted to. DH and I did dance our first dance right there in the reception area after we trashed the dress...which made our first dance pictures that much more special:) At 2, my WC left, but we were welcome to stay longer, which we did. We arranged for the vans to pick us back up at 3 to take us back to the ship. So from 2-3, we trashed the dress. Then we went back to the ship, showered, and got ready for dinner in the main dining room at 6pm. Then we partied from 8pm-4:30am!!!! It sounds like you will be docked there at a much different time than we were, so my timeline probably isn't too helpful:rolleyes: It was a busy day, but I never felt rushed in anyway. It worked out rather nicely, because we weren't running around like crazy, yet there wasn't any real dead time either.

OH! I can do the legal stuff at home! That might save me a lot of time!

Let me discuss this with my WC.

Yours a nice timeline!

sounds so much fun!

Looking forward to your professional pix!

Congrats Congrats!

I am going to get married on BlueBeard's this coming Sept too! I will be cruising with Freedom of the Seas.

I am also planning to do Trash the dress after the ceremony =)

I want to know your timeline of your wedding day?

You had a luncheon reception!

I felt everything is so tight and rush rush rush - thus I won't have a reception.

After getting off the ship, I will be going to the court, then to hotel to get changed plus hair and make-up. Then ceremony @ 4pm then Trash the dress + lotz of photos!

We will have around 40 people. So I will have my guests to tour the island and have their lunch first then I will arrange transportation to take them to the beach!

What was the order of your events?

Which hotel room did you book to get ready?

:)

HEY! I'm getting married in September on bluebeards, via the Freedom of the Seas also! What week in September are you going?! My wedding day is actually September 23rd! We wanted it to be Sept, 9th, 2009... but that didn't work :(.

We were docked there from 8am-5pm. First, we handled the legal stuff at home so I wouldn't have to worry about doing the court stuff in the morning. Our ceremony was at 11am. At 10:15, a van came to pick up DH and some of our guests. At 10:45 another van came to pick myself and the rest of our guests up and take us to Bluebeard's. That way, I did not see DH ahead of time. I didn't get ready in a hotel room. I thought about it, but I didn't want to pay for a room that I would only be using for an hour or two. I just got ready on the ship. I went to MAC cosmetics ahead of time and had them do my makeup and they showed me how to do it myself. So, I did my makeup myself on the wedding day. My SIL is a hairstylist, so she did my hair. We had a balcony room, and although it wasn't huge, and we had plenty of room to get ready on the ship. Our ceremony was at 11, and we took pictures until about 12:15 following the ceremony. Then we had a luncheon reception from 12-2, which included appetizer type foods and an open bar. The food was excellent! The steel pan player was done playing at 1pm, so I brought my iPod and some small speakers and I just played my "island playlist" for the remaining time. It wasn't a typical reception with dancing and all of that jazz, although I guess our guests could have danced if they wanted to. DH and I did dance our first dance right there in the reception area after we trashed the dress...which made our first dance pictures that much more special:) At 2, my WC left, but we were welcome to stay longer, which we did. We arranged for the vans to pick us back up at 3 to take us back to the ship. So from 2-3, we trashed the dress. Then we went back to the ship, showered, and got ready for dinner in the main dining room at 6pm. Then we partied from 8pm-4:30am!!!! It sounds like you will be docked there at a much different time than we were, so my timeline probably isn't too helpful:rolleyes: It was a busy day, but I never felt rushed in anyway. It worked out rather nicely, because we weren't running around like crazy, yet there wasn't any real dead time either.

How did you do the leagal stuff from home? Was it easy?

Was your reception right on Bluebeard's Beach? Did they have a restaurant right there on site or did your WC have food brought in and she set everything up? I haven't decided on my beach yet, I'm really torn, but definitely want a beach reception right after the ceremony.

How did you do the leagal stuff from home? Was it easy?

Was your reception right on Bluebeard's Beach? Did they have a restaurant right there on site or did your WC have food brought in and she set everything up? I haven't decided on my beach yet, I'm really torn, but definitely want a beach reception right after the ceremony.

We just got legally married at home ahead of time. Went to the courthouse, filled out the marriage application, did the 3 day wait period (varies from state to state), had the Justice of the Peace sign it, and that's it! That was in PA though. Here in Vegas it is really easy. There is no waiting period so you could do it in a matter of minutes!

As far as the reception goes, yes it was right there on site. It was really weird (in a good way). About 8-10 yards from where the ceremony was, there was a little restaurant with a private bar. It isnt the main restaurant at the resort...it is just this little separate area...just perfect and private for a wedding reception:) The food was made by the restaurant and it was surprisingly good and set up beautifully!

Go to http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/FitzGeraldWedding/

Along the left, open the album titled "Mom & Dennys Pics"

on page 5 you will see some pics of the reception area.

Sorry Tink2862…. 09-09-2009 Bluebeard’s Beach was taken by me!!!!!! :p

It’s actually my birthday that day too! my 29th! (so many 9s!!)

My Fiancé proposed on 08-08-2008! it was his “plan” to get married on 090909! :D

Which WC you going with?

I am with Janelle @ Island Bliss.

Esbie11, oh! You got legally married at home first! I am not doing that. It’s very important to us that Sept 09 is the official day and the date on the certificate.

I just talked to my WC, she said going to the court is fast and easy. I think I have to refill some forms and mail it to her in advance to do the paperwork, then in the court, I just sign something. Then after the ceremony, the officiant will have my guests to sign as witness.

I don't know how I was so slow on the draw in finding this thread! Congratulations! You looked stunning and I loved your dress. The TTD pix helped a lot. We plan to do that. So excited that we are 6 days away.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your professional photos. Best wishes to you both! :p

Hi Esbie,

Congrats! I'm getting married at Secret Harbour next Monday and it looks like the weather will not be cooperating. Did Leslie mention anything about a back-up plan? I'm freaking out right now...

Hi Esbie,

Congrats! I'm getting married at Secret Harbour next Monday and it looks like the weather will not be cooperating. Did Leslie mention anything about a back-up plan? I'm freaking out right now...

First, DO NOT worry about the weather! My aunt and uncle flew down to St. Thomas and stayed for a week rather than cruise with us. Every day weather.com called for rain, and it didn't rain a single moment of their stay. While on the hsip I checked weather.com the night before the wedding and it was calling for thunderstorms every hour on our wedding day. The weather ended up being beautiful! We talked to the van driver about being worried about rain. He said it would be a "miracle" if it rained because it never rains in April.

Anyway, point being do not worry about the weather!! Even if it is calling for rain, chances are it will not rain. However when I first booked my wedding with Leslie 18 months ago I asked what her back-up plan was. She said IF it would rain, we would "wait it out." She said it hardly ever rains, and when it does, it only lasts a few minutes.

So no worries!!! Worst case scenario is your wedding is postponed by a half hour or so:D

Sorry Tink2862…. 09-09-2009 Bluebeard’s Beach was taken by me!!!!!! :p

It’s actually my birthday that day too! my 29th! (so many 9s!!)

My Fiancé proposed on 08-08-2008! it was his “plan” to get married on 090909! :D

Which WC you going with?

I am with Janelle @ Island Bliss.

Esbie11, oh! You got legally married at home first! I am not doing that. It’s very important to us that Sept 09 is the official day and the date on the certificate.

I just talked to my WC, she said going to the court is fast and easy. I think I have to refill some forms and mail it to her in advance to do the paperwork, then in the court, I just sign something. Then after the ceremony, the officiant will have my guests to sign as witness.

Ohhh... so you stole the slot :). That will be nice, and it will be extremely difficult for anyone to forget your anniversary, especially with it on your birthday! That is awesome.

I went with Leslie from Perfect Weddings, the same as Esbie. I have heard Janelle is really good also.

First, DO NOT worry about the weather! My aunt and uncle flew down to St. Thomas and stayed for a week rather than cruise with us. Every day weather.com called for rain, and it didn't rain a single moment of their stay. While on the hsip I checked weather.com the night before the wedding and it was calling for thunderstorms every hour on our wedding day. The weather ended up being beautiful! We talked to the van driver about being worried about rain. He said it would be a "miracle" if it rained because it never rains in April.

Anyway, point being do not worry about the weather!! Even if it is calling for rain, chances are it will not rain. However when I first booked my wedding with Leslie 18 months ago I asked what her back-up plan was. She said IF it would rain, we would "wait it out." She said it hardly ever rains, and when it does, it only lasts a few minutes.

So no worries!!! Worst case scenario is your wedding is postponed by a half hour or so:D

Hi Esbie, thank you so much for the reassurance. I was totally freaking out about something I couldn't control (mother nature). I really hope the weather would turn out to be great. I will let you know when I come back in 2 weeks.

BTW -- you looked awesome in your pictures! And OMG you trashed the dress? Hmm not sure if I can do that. =P

We just got legally married at home ahead of time. Went to the courthouse, filled out the marriage application, did the 3 day wait period (varies from state to state), had the Justice of the Peace sign it, and that's it .

It's funny, cause we did the same thing here in NJ. Much cheaper, more convenient on the day in Bermuda, and I finish grad school next week and need health insurance. I thought it would bother me that we got 'married' legally beforehand, but I am very excited about the ceremony on Bermuda because only our parents came to the legal ceremony.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love this thread, all the info you have given is fantastic, we want to get married while on the Oasis or the Allure not until October 2011 - I'm eagerly awaiting March to book everything :D

Tried to look at your pics but the link didn't work, would you mind sending me a couple of the location etc... My email is foxy_757@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Can I ask what you did with your flowers? I'm getting a little confused with if you can take the flowers back onboard, so I'm now thinking maybe silk flowers not sure though.

• 1 month later...
Esbie - any ideas who the guy was (website?) Trying to find one for ours on Lindquist. Can go through the wedding planner as a last resort, but want other options.

Thanks!

Sorry, but I really have no idea :( My WC arranged for him to play. I have no idea what his name was or anything. Wish I could be more helpful!

...Lastly, I know there has been some concern about BlueGlass Photography on the boards lately. We used them and although we don't have the actual photos yet, our photog (a woman, but I cannot remember her name) was great to work with. She was kind of aggressive when it came to getting the shots she wanted, which was fine with me because I know the pics will be great. I don't think a wishy-washy photog is a good idea when trying to get a large group of people to stand in certain places and do what you need them to do. She was adamant about getting great photos, which I was very pleased with:D So without further ado, here are some pics!!!

http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/rr143/FitzGeraldWedding/Sarah%20John%20Wedding%20Pics/

Congrats on your marriage! How exciting! My fiance and I will be married in St. Thomas February 2010. We'll be using Blue Glass Photography...new to the board and haven't seen the bad reviews. You had a good experience with this photographer? What were some of the other girls concerns/problems with Blue Glass?

Esbie -

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures with everyone, it really helped me out with seeing what a wedding will look like in St. Thomas (my favorite place in the world).

Have fun on your next cruise, we just got back on Sunday from ours.

Lauren

Archived