Questions about Cruise to Bahamas on Wonder

Clare Husted

My husband and I are not new to cruising but have not used Disney Lines before. We are

taking our 2 grand daughters on their first cruise. Are the soda pops free on the Disney

lines in the dining rooms? We made reservations in the Palo for first night on board. Will

the girls eat in the dining room but themselves? The girls are 10 and 12 so can be on there

own. If we planning on going to the Dig at Atlantis should we book this ahead of time by

calling Atlantis directly or just wait till we arrived? We plan on walking to the straw market in AM and then eating lunch somewhere. Any ideas of a good place for eating lunch? I

think we need to take a taxi from straw market to Atlantis, if that correct? Is there anyone

out there who could answer any of these questions? Thanks so much!

I can only answer a few of your questions, but here we go. Soda pops in the dining rooms are NOT free. They're only free at the soda fountains by the pools, those are "all you can drink". As for your grand-daughters, I know for a fact that, if they chose, they could eat in the Oceaneer Labs. I was told that by DCL, when I called to ask about Palo brunch. And, not quite sure..but fairly sure that they can go the dining room on their own. Would just have to inform your head waiter that it'll just be them two going so the other part(ies) at your table aren't waiting on just ya'll. Cause if not all parties are present, they do waiting for people who haven't shown without prior notice.

My husband and I are not new to cruising but have not used Disney Lines before. We are

taking our 2 grand daughters on their first cruise. Are the soda pops free on the Disney

lines in the dining rooms? We weren't charged for soda in the dining room.

We made reservations in the Palo for first night on board. Will

the girls eat in the dining room but themselves? The girls are 10 and 12 so can be on there

own. Yes, my kids were encouraged to come to dinner even though we weren't going to be there. They were 12 and 10 at the time.

If we planning on going to the Dig at Atlantis should we book this ahead of time by

calling Atlantis directly or just wait till we arrived? Just wait until you get there.

We plan on walking to the straw market in AM and then eating lunch somewhere. Any ideas of a good place for eating lunch? No, but I remember buying a snack size box of wafers to tie us over until we got back to the ship and it cost me $9.00. You can average about $80.00 for a family of 4 to eat burgers and fries.

I think we need to take a taxi from straw market to Atlantis, if that correct? Yes.

The taxi was $4.00 a person to take to Atlantis. It was truly very easy to do. it's a big van that seat about 20 some people.

Is there anyone

Have a great time.

Sodas are free at the soda fountain by the Mickey pool, and also in the Dining Rooms.

You have to pay for them if you order a can of soda at the bar or outside the Walt Disney Theater. Also I've heard you have to pay for it if you order through room service

Sodas/juice/milk were served to us at no addl charge in all of the dining rooms, including Palo

lines in the dining rooms? We made reservations in the Palo for first night on board. Will

own. If we planning on going to the Dig at Atlantis should we book this ahead of time by

calling Atlantis directly or just wait till we arrived? We plan on walking to the straw market in AM and then eating lunch somewhere. Any ideas of a good place for eating lunch? I

think we need to take a taxi from straw market to Atlantis, if that correct? Is there anyone

taking our 2 grand daughters on their first cruise.

Are the soda pops free on the Disney

lines in the dining rooms? We made reservations in the Palo for first night on board.

Heres a simple way to remember about paying for soda. If it comes in a can or from a drink bar, (IE alchohol bar) then you will pay, usually about 1.50 per can.(Thats the last price I remember and it could have changed) If you are in the dining room, buffet, the free soda fountain, or if you get it in a combo such as with a hamburger platter, (plastic cup ) then its free. Its free in Palos also.

Will the girls eat in the dining room but themselves? The girls are 10 and 12 so can be on there own.

Unfortunately they are too young to eat at Palos, so the option for them besides eating alone, would be room service, or grabbing something from by the pool.

If we planning on going to the Dig at Atlantis should we book this ahead of time by calling Atlantis directly or just wait till we arrived?

If you talking about taking the tour, then it would be easier in the long run to book thru DCL for one of their tours.

We plan on walking to the straw market in AM and then eating lunch somewhere. Any ideas of a good place for eating lunch?

Theres a few places that come to mind and Hard Rock Cafe and Senior Frogs come to mind, both are within walking distance of the pier.

I think we need to take a taxi from straw market to Atlantis, if that correct?

Yes you would need to either take a water taxi ( I think they still run) and walk from the other side of the bridge at Nassau or take a regular taxi that will drop you off.

What I did when went last Sept, and I have a 8 and 9 year old, was to book the Discover Atlantis Tour, which includes a guided tour of the Dig, and the hotel itself and tranportation to and from the ship.

We booked it for I think it was 130 and we walked around the area near the pier, went to the pirate museum, then had lunch at the Hard Rock.Went back to the ship for the tour and had the rest of the afternoon to do what ever we wanted.The last free shuttle was at 430. You had the option to take a regular taxi back to the pier.

When are you taking your trip?

Archived