Cruise Passenger Revenge?

Mikel1733

No...they are not a Chump because we disagree.

They are a Chump because they deliberately MISREPRESENT....

there is a difference....

...but it is only your "Opinion" that they Misrepresent, is it not? I don't know that I agree with or could even refute the things he said, but that doesn't give me the Right to call him names.

I still think that Cruising is the best bang for your buck. Last year my family went to Daytona, ( we drove and ate breakfast and lunch in the hotel room 5 out of the 8 days). We paid only about $1,000 less then the cruise is costing us. But someone will be driving me, cooking for me, cleaning for me, catering to me, entertaining my kids, so it is well worth the extra 1000.

The last time my husband and I went we didn't choice to do the supper club. This time we are going to do it to celebrate my friends anniversity.

It is clearly explained everywhere what is included and what is not and even the surcharge for the fuel is explained. When fuel was at a surplus price I don't blame them. They weren't the only companies to try to get their money back and when fuel went down they refunded the people who haven't traveled yet for the fuel excess they charged.

People should stop complaining and enjoy life!!!!!

You cannot refute facts? HUH?

FACT:

Gratuity is optional

A Cruise is NOT all-inclusive nor is it marketed that way

A minor is not allowed to drink while at sea.

I dont see where it was the 'opinion' of the writer when he stated these things.

With the exception of the minor drinking at sea, I can see where the other two could be "implied".

How many times have you heard that food is included when you cruise? They don't say "most" food is included do they?

As for tipping, the charge is automatic. They don't specifically ASK. Try not tipping for a pina colada sometime and see where it gets you.

For the record, I think cruising is a great bargain. I also think the average cruiser nowdays isn't as stupid as the cruislines think.

YMMV...

You cannot refute facts? HUH?

FACT:

Gratuity is optional

A Cruise is NOT all-inclusive nor is it marketed that way

A minor is not allowed to drink while at sea.

I dont see where it was the 'opinion' of the writer when he stated these things.

...and so "Name Calling" will solve this problem? Everyone has an opinion, if you don't like anothers opinion then find one you do like and adopt it as your own. Why don't write a letter or e-mail or whatever to him and/or his editor and tell them your opinion on the matter?

BTW, I've seen alot of "Drunk Minors" on Cruise Ships, allowed or not it does happen.

Why don't write a letter or e-mail or whatever to him and/or his editor and tell them your opinion on the matter?

Did that as soon as I saw the article. Here's his response:

Thanks for taking the time to write. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

Best,

Christopher Elliott

Blogger/syndicated columnist/TV host

The chump is either too stupid to realize that his article is being excoriated or he's just not reading his email. I've forwarded the original email, as well as his nonsensical reply to CNN and NatGeo.

Some talent or knowledge lacking chump reporter has written an almost identical "report" every year for about the last 20 years.

Next year, another know-nothing reporter WILL write about the same 'report.'

Dan, you deliver your point with the usual delicate subtleties.:D

Did that as soon as I saw the article. Here's his response:

Thanks for taking the time to write. I'm glad you enjoyed the article.

Best,

Christopher Elliott

Blogger/syndicated columnist/TV host

The chump is either too stupid to realize that his article is being excoriated or he's just not reading his email. I've forwarded the original email, as well as his nonsensical reply to CNN and NatGeo.

Or maybe he doesn't care, he probably gets lots of feedback about what he writes and he realizes that he can't please everyone, but at least you voiced your opinion in an appropriate and socially acceptable way. Good Job!

Originally Posted by tedjazz viewpost.gif

So when we don't agree with someone's reporting/opinion/commentary, etc. We call them "Chumps" or any other caustic label that may come to mind. Oh my...I'm glad I don't cruise with those kinds of people.

When a person writes an INTENTIONAL pack of lies under the guise of professional journalism, calling them a chump is inadequate. But that's all I called them. The writer EITHER made NO ATTEMPT to verify the passengers claims, OR he lied to help his story. YOU know and I know that not only is there drinking age restrictions by every cruiseline, but they all have systems in place to prevent sales to underage pax. The journalist an ethical [and often LEGAL] responsibility to VERIFY the "facts" of his story. He did NOT do that OR choose to ignore truth in favor of sensationalism. He AT NO point was expressing his OPINION. He presented negatives as FACTS.

You could substitute any other cruiselines name for Carnival's and the same type article has been written over and over, each line getting its unfair share. IF the reporter put forth the effort, he could find bonifide complaints about Carnival and/or any line. Probably wouldn't get published.

His best fact was the fuel surcharge. But he had to lie about that too. Settlement? The lines refunded the surcharges. No one got PAID a settlement. ANYONE with any cruise experience and the ability to read and comprehend the written word, knows, or should, the article was unprofessional sludge.

And "those" people are thrilled that you do not choose to cruise with them.

• 1 month later...
...but it is only your "Opinion" that they Misrepresent, is it not? I don't know that I agree with or could even refute the things he said, but that doesn't give me the Right to call him names.

Well teddy, since YOU know and LHP knows and I know that the reporters got his 'facts' wrong, should we call him an ACE reporter?

Sorry I called him a Chump since he is a lazy unprofessional Hack. Before a word went into my newspaper column, it was throughly researched. Something EVERY reporter/writer of any kind is supposed to do.

It's my opinion that you still have the right to call a reporter a "Chump" and even a

"Hack". This is ridiculous that anyone here would take the comment personally.

As for the report - it's just "Stupid". Carnival is in business to turn a profit. They have a right to (and in my opinion) should use photographers, excursion bookings and sales of items (liquor) on their ships.

Cruising is not a charitable event. If people do not like this type of vacation they should choose something different (perhaps a tent in their own back yard) where no one will ever try to intice them to spend any money.

If cruise lines don't turn a profit they will not be able to offer you a vacation at all.

I guess they went and got my dander up...

mel

I still don't know where you can get a vacation as reasonable as a cruise. My next cruise is a 4 night weekend cruise which is costing me less than $300. I cannot think of any weekend away with room, food and entertainment for that price.

I remember the first cruise I went on about 8 years ago, I was surprised how reasonable the drinks were, much less than I would pay in a bar in the Big Apple.

Where else can I have the use of gym equipment, room service and feel pampered.

Of course they charge for certain extras, but i would also pay for those same things if I went out for the night or away for a weekend or week. On the other hand if I went to an all included resort, it would cost more. Which one can do with Carnival by choosing the unlimited wine option, but I for one would not drink enough to justify the extra cost.

Well teddy, since YOU know and LHP knows and I know that the reporters got his 'facts' wrong, should we call him an ACE reporter?

Sorry I called him a Chump since he is a lazy unprofessional Hack. Before a word went into my newspaper column, it was throughly researched. Something EVERY reporter/writer of any kind is supposed to do.

Wow, it must be a slow day for slaming people, you had to dig up something I posted over a month ago to Blast me for. I thought the topic was dead and gone. I will still stand by what I said, If you don't agree with his (anyone's) commentary, then just move on and avoid the temptation of name calling.

BTW, I thought you had me on Ignore, could you put me back. Thanks :)

Archived