Some cruise lines cancelled Mexican Ports today - Swine Flu

crusinmama06

They all should. State and CDC said to cancel all non essential travel to Mexico. I was in Mexico city two weeks ago. yikes!!! RCCL hasn't and we are sailing to cozumel in a couple of weeks. I wish they would chose an alternate port of call. All it takes is one person and on a cruise ship there is no getting away from crowds.

RCCL has announced they are cancelling all Mexican ports of call for at least the next few weeks. http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=66114403.blog

In the Caribbean, ships will either visit an alternate port or have an additional day at sea.

Mariner will sail a Canada and US West Coast itinerary.

And Serenade and Radiance will just skip their Mexican ports on their repo cruises.

RCCL has announced they are cancelling all Mexican ports of call for at least the next few weeks. http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=66114403.blog

Mariner will sail a Canada and US West Coast itinerary.

Wow that's a heck of an itinerary change. Going from Mexico to Canada. :eek:

Time to buy all new clothes for some people. ;)

.............you mean to stamp out the complaining..........!:confused:

Yep!! On the RCCL board right now there are several separate sets of complainers. One is mad about the Mariner itinerary change because they don't want to go on the cruise now at all. And then the other group is mad because they think RCCL should still be sailing to Mexico. And then the group that wanted an itinerary change but not to Canada. And then the group that were mad before they announced Canada, because they didn't want to go to San Diego, Catalina, and Ensenada like Sapphire Princess is doing. The cruiselines can't win.

And consider that LauraS just posted Live from the Splendour about the people down at the pursers desk yelling over their itinerary change, believe me there will be people on these sailings that won't be trying to make the best of it.

Yep!! On the RCCL board right now there are several separate sets of complainers. One is mad about the Mariner itinerary change because they don't want to go on the cruise now at all. And then the other group is mad because they think RCCL should still be sailing to Mexico. And then the group that wanted an itinerary change but not to Canada. And then the group that were mad before they announced Canada, because they didn't want to go to San Diego, Catalina, and Ensenada like Sapphire Princess is doing. The cruiselines can't win.

And consider that LauraS just posted Live from the Splendour about the people down at the pursers desk yelling over their itinerary change, believe me there will be people on these sailings that won't be trying to make the best of it.

OMG......(can't believe I just said, OMG) the cruiseline's cannot win! If people get sick they call 1-800-SUE-NOW1 .....if you don't go, it's still 1-800- refund me because you made me go! It's like it is here in Hurricane season... YOu can't please everyone all of the time.....YIKES...

OMG......(can't believe I just said, OMG) the cruiseline's cannot win! If people get sick they call 1-800-SUE-NOW1 .....if you don't go, it's still 1-800- refund me because you made me go! It's like it is here in Hurricane season... YOu can't please everyone all of the time.....YIKES...

Yep, they can't win. And unfortunately the passengers that go trying to make the best of it will probably also suffer because the complaining minority tends to be pretty vocal.

The sad part is that some of the people do have valid complaints but they will get lost amongst the self absorbed, usually money grubbing, complaints.

because the complaining minority tends to be pretty vocal.

The sad part is that some of the people do have valid complaints but they will get lost amongst the self absorbed, usually money grubbing, complaints.

You are so right! People will tell 10 plus people about a negative experience and only tell 1 or 2 people about a positive one.........

Unfortunately, the rest of us PAY for the unfortunate experience of 1. (supply and demand!)

Archived