Vancouver,ship portand the hotels

travelnsee

I have just booked the Marriott Renaissance Harbourside for a night next week for $75 (US) on Priceline. From a locational point of view I would have prefered the Hyatt Regency but for the price one can't complain. ;)

Ok, so if I enter in 4-star, downtown Vancouver as my choices on Priceline, with a $75 bid, what are the hotels MOST likely to come up? I used to live in Vancouver, and would love to surprise my Mom with a nice hotel the night before we leave for our Alaska cruise in July. Will the price ($75) be completely unreasonable for high season? Is it possible I'd be given a lower-rated hotel because of that? I've never used Priceline before so I'm not sure how it works.

We were going to crash at my brother's place in the West End but it's never fun sleeping on the couch/floor before a cruise, so surprising her with a nice hotel stay (for Mother's Day) would be much, much better...

Can anyone help? Thanks so much!!

"the distance to port was deceiving as we had a great view of our ship from our room and it seemed to be less than a mile away -we were wrong. We decided to hoof it and found the walk was long and complicated- not sure about now, but at the time there was tons of construction and we were constantly wandering trying to find ways to get across various streets, through construction sites, parking garages.

The construction of the new convention center is finished and the seawall is now opened all the way from Canada Place to Stanley Park so the walk to the Westin Bayshore will be a lot nicer, shorter and less complicated.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

I need one room with two double beds, priceline says it cant be garunteed. and the options are for room wise not the bed or preference thing. is there any work around for this. I booked bestwestern downtown for 159.

I need one room with two double beds, priceline says it cant be garunteed. and the options are for room wise not the bed or preference thing. is there any work around for this. I booked bestwestern downtown for 159.

I have always had good success contacting the hotel that I have booked thru Priceline and getting what I wanted after the fact, but there is no obligation on the part of hotel to do so and one day I know I will likely get stung. With your specific requirements I would be inclined to stay with the BW-Downtown I am sure that you will enjoy it.

I'm staying in Vancouver at the Fairmont Waterfront, booked it thru HAL which was probably a mistake. Wonder what the take on on that hotel is.

Only one the top five hotels, likely # 2 or #3, in the city. Across the street from Canada Place and the Pan Pacific...you have done yourself proud with that pick. Phone the hotel and see if you can get a north facing room that will give you great views of the harbour and the North Shore mountains...which is what Vancouver is all about and you will even get to see your ship come in in the morning.:)

Only one the top five hotels, likely # 2 or #3, in the city. Across the street from Canada Place and the Pan Pacific...you have done yourself proud with that pick. Phone the hotel and see if you can get a north facing room that will give you great views of the harbour and the North Shore mountains...which is what Vancouver is all about and you will even get to see your ship come in in the morning.:)

Thanks, but I do not deserve the credit. The hotel was picked for me by HAL. But since I am staying there, I would prefer a room with a view, however that may not be my choosing. However I will continue to check with the hotel. Thanks for the reply.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Pan Pacific on hotwire (May 29th) for $115/night plus tax - a huge savings of what it would have cost had I booked with the hotel directly. The only caveat of using hotwire and wanting the Pan Pacific is that the amenities (icons) offered at the hotel resemble Sutton Place. I took a gamble and received the hotel I wanted: Pan Pacific. :)

It's the old Marriott Residence Inn - has suites - same management team as when it was a Marriott - located in a good location - I always say that as it is only a block from my condo and I can see from my balcony. HOHO and Big Bus both stop there as well as the Airporter - good choice of restaurant and bars on nearby Granville and lots of Ma and Pa restaurants on Davie which is where I am heading as soon as I finish posting this message.

A good price over there regular tariff.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Putterdude..do you know anything about this hotel? I got it on Priceline for $94

I'm not Putterdude, but my DH and I stayed at the Cascadia on May 12th. We got it through Priceline for $65, which came to $85 with taxes and fees. The hotel was just reopened in February after remodeling .

It is clean, comfortable, and roomy. There is some construction going on nearby, but all the noise ends when the work day ends. The rooms were nicely appointed and contained a microwave, mini refrigerator, and the smallest dishwasher I have ever seen! Plates, cups, glasses, etc. were provided. There is a $19 charge per day for parking for those who wish to park a car.

The breakfast is a generous, full, hot breakfast served buffet style. The staff are warm, friendly, and courteous. They let us check in four hours early and let us stay until noon the day we left. When we told them that we would want a taxi for the next day to get to the pier at Canada Place (less than an $8 fare), they made sure that a taxi was waiting for us when we checked out.

It was all together an excellant experience. since this is right near a HOHO stop, this is an excellant choice for a pre- or post- cruise stay.

BTW, there is a 7-Eleven right across the street for those last minute necessities, and there is a grocery store within a few blocks of the hotel.

Taxi fare from the air port was $27.

Archived