Jewel coming to nyc

LOWTYD

My TA just informed me that the Jewel will be homeported in NYC from April 2010 to April 2011 doing Carribean, Bahamas and Canada cruises.

Sorry if this is old news. I don't think NCL had a Summer ship besides the Dawn's Bermuda runs. Just thought I would post it in case it is new news.

My TA just informed me that the Jewel will be homeported in NYC from April 2010 to April 2011 doing Carribean, Bahamas and Canada cruises.

Sorry if this is old news. I don't think NCL had a Summer ship besides the Dawn's Bermuda runs. Just thought I would post it in case it is new news.

My NCL trip in October 2008 was on the Jewel out of NYC to Quebec and back...

But I don't think they had a ship doing the Florida/Bahama during the summer. I did the Gem last year and she left late April as she did this year. I know ship come back in the fall but I don't think the stayed for summer. (May June July)

Well, it's nice to know we have the option to sail NCL out of NYC during the summer:)

But I don't think they had a ship doing the Florida/Bahama during the summer. I did the Gem last year and she left late April as she did this year. I know ship come back in the fall but I don't think the stayed for summer. (May June July)

Well, it's nice to know we have the option to sail NCL out of NYC during the summer:)

yeah other than to bermuda.

Great to know there will be another option! Thanks. :)

It's not the best itinerary ( been there, done that) but I like not having to fly! It's such an inconvience!

I know what you mean. We loved taking the Gem to Florida and the Bahamas even though it was a less-than-exciting itinerary. It is so nice to go out of NYC. It is nice to see the Jewel will be doing an Eastern Caribbean in January, and it has a slightly different itinerary than the E. Carib. we did on the Dawn a few years ago. I like to try new ships and new islands and won't mind those repeats.

With the Jewel coming to New York it would be nice if NCL could be more innovative in their cruise offerings in the summer besides the Florida/Bahamas run. How about at least once in the summer offer the New York / Quebec BTB? Even an all Canada one week cruise like; St. John, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown. Since NCL only offers these cruises in Sept/Oct those of us tied to school schedules need to switch to other cruise lines to go to these ports. This could make for an interesting B2B: Bahamas/Florida/Canada or Canada/Bermuda (Jewel/Dawn).

With the Jewel coming to New York it would be nice if NCL could be more innovative in their cruise offerings in the summer besides the Florida/Bahamas run. How about at least once in the summer offer the New York / Quebec BTB? Even an all Canada one week cruise like; St. John, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown. Since NCL only offers these cruises in Sept/Oct those of us tied to school schedules need to switch to other cruise lines to go to these ports. This could make for an interesting B2B: Bahamas/Florida/Canada or Canada/Bermuda (Jewel/Dawn).

I think they do that for the foilage people. I did a couple Carnivals to Halifax/St Johns durign the summer for those quick 4-5 day getaways and had a ball. I think they have the market cornered on summers to Canada! but the B2b sound like it would cover a lot of ground (or sea!)

We just got off the Jewel 11 days transatlantic.... we'd never cruised NCL before...

She's a beautiful ship, with great staff, wonderful cabins and nice food.... would definitely sail on her again!

Actually, NCL has had at least 2 ships (Spirit and Dawn) out of NYC for the past several summers. This is the first year that this has not happened.

The Spirit had been alternating 6 day Fla/Bahamas cruises with 8 Day Eastern Carib. cruises in previous years (summers 2006, 2007, 2008). I think that this may be the first year that there are not 2 NCL ships out of NYC in the summer since the Spirit is on its way to Boston to do the Bermuda runs beginning on Friday.

They seemed to be pretty popular cruises so I am glad to see 2 ships back in NYC for the summer 2010 at least.

Archived