Ncl did ok

kanitter

I was scheduled for the jewel sept 2010 ta. Then I got a call that jewel was changing areas, our ship for that time period would be the sun. Well at first I was very disappointed because dh and I would be celebrating our 30th anniversary. Ncl offered us the 15 day ta (different ports tho) at the same price. At first she said we could move to an ad penthouse as on the sun the ae's are mini suites. The only problem was the ad's are on the bow. I explained that I had made my reservation so early because we wanted a cabin on the stern. On the sun the only ph are the ac which she said would be an additional $2888.:eek: I told her that was very upsetting and I wasn't real pleased, as that price would put me over what I had planned on spending. She asked if she could call me back and she would see what she could do. I figured it would be a while so I was surprised when she called back in about 15 min, I couldn't believe what she said at first. She said she told the supervisor about why we booked so early and everything else I had said. So we ended up with cabin 8277 on the stern. I guess it's a deluxe penthouse. We got it for the same price as what we had for the jewel. (3413.00 for both). We got the 200 obc for what they were offering for compensation because of changing things, plus we got to keep the 500 obc we already had. And she reminded me to watch the prices in case the were lowered. But I don't really know if I would call them back, I'm happy with what we got, and I don't know if I would want to jinx myself.:rolleyes: So in my eyes right now, ncl was great with the way they handled this.:D

Sue

I was scheduled for the jewel sept 2010 ta. Then I got a call that jewel was changing areas, our ship for that time period would be the sun. Well at first I was very disappointed because dh and I would be celebrating our 30th anniversary. Ncl offered us the 15 day ta (different ports tho) at the same price. At first she said we could move to an ad penthouse as on the sun the ae's are mini suites. The only problem was the ad's are on the bow. I explained that I had made my reservation so early because we wanted a cabin on the stern. On the sun the only ph are the ac which she said would be an additional $2888.:eek: I told her that was very upsetting and I wasn't real pleased, as that price would put me over what I had planned on spending. She asked if she could call me back and she would see what she could do. I figured it would be a while so I was surprised when she called back in about 15 min, I couldn't believe what she said at first. She said she told the supervisor about why we booked so early and everything else I had said. So we ended up with cabin 8277 on the stern. I guess it's a deluxe penthouse. We got it for the same price as what we had for the jewel. (3413.00 for both). We got the 200 obc for what they were offering for compensation because of changing things, plus we got to keep the 500 obc we already had. And she reminded me to watch the prices in case the were lowered. But I don't really know if I would call them back, I'm happy with what we got, and I don't know if I would want to jinx myself.:rolleyes: So in my eyes right now, ncl was great with the way they handled this.:D

Sue

EXCELLENT! It's nice to hear the good things too! Congrats!

NCL usually does when they change ships itineraries when you move fast and grab what is available before someone else. I am so happy your situation turn out well. But on these boards we will hear from others not so fortunate. Cheers! The Sun is in my opinion a very nice ship, and I am sure you will enjoy her and your vacation next year.

I'd say NCL did better than just okay!

Enjoy your aft facing AC Penthouse on the Norwegian Sun. This suite features a sitting area, private balcony, two lower beds that convert to a queen-size bed, walk-in closet, luxury bath with a shower, TV, refrigerator, and safe. Category AC staterooms are two-room suites and have a whirlpool tub. Butler service and concierge available. 363 sq. ft. with a balcony of 119 sq. ft.

By the way, your previously booked AE on the Jewel was only 287 sq. ft. with a balcony of 54 sq. ft. This suite features rich cherry wood finishing, floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening to a private balcony, separate bedroom with a queen-size bed, duvet, living and dining area, CD/DVD library, TV, safe, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, and a luxury bath with separate shower. Butler and concierge service is available.

A bigger suite for the same price is always a steal!

Sue

Your going to love that Penthouse , you can play shuffle board on the balcony :D ( about 24 feet long ):eek:

Wow, I didn't know that the cabin they gave me was so much better than what I had on the Jewel.:eek: It would be great if someone had a picture that they could share. I had been getting information on the Jewel for quite a while, but never checked out the Sun. And thanks for the congrats from everyone. That's one of the things about cc that I like. Everyone always seems pleased when someone else has good news. I just hope everyone else that had to transfer gets as good of service as I did.:D

We just had an aft balcony on the Jewel transatlantic.. not a penthouse, just a balcony.

The location was wonderful....sun every afternoon... and no wind or rain... aft is a wonderful place to be!!

PE, thanks for the pictures:). I showed them to dh, he wanted to know if the blonde came with the room. Needless to say I told him no!:rolleyes:

garycarla, dh said you can still put your beer in the room if you'd like. He'll even sample some for you now and then. (Just to make sure it hadn't gone bad, of course).

Dt, you are right, when I first posted I didn't know we had gotten such a good deal. I really knew nothing about the Sun. I'm slowly finding out some things and yes, ncl really did a great job on transferring us. This even makes up for not getting to go to iceland. Maybe we can do iceland some other time.:D

Sue

Archived