What excursions does Montego Bay, Jamaica offer?

Well, we did the zip line and I can recommend it. Also, it was not necessary to take bug spray as they provided it along with mosquito coils at just about every junction! We were impressed with the safety precautions also.

Last time we were in Montego Bay a large group of us took a cab to Doctors Cove Beach and then walked down the road to MargarittaVille. I would just make sure to get an approved cab and if you walk, walk in a group. At the beach and at Margaritta Ville they will get you a cab back to the ship.

Almost forgot, there is a $5 fee at the beach and that is to provide security.

sue

I was in Montego Bay last week. We got the ship recomended shuttle for $15 each that made 5 stops and came every 10 to 15 min. We got off at Aquasol beach and had a blast. They had ice cold redstripes for $3 and the waiter put all the drinks on his head and walked up the beach with them. There was also a nice little shop with t shirts and stuff and a resturant. We stayed about 3 hours or so and left because the rain was comming. After that we got to Margaritaville for an hour or so. The water slide at Marg. was a blast but the margaritas and food sucked and was expensive.

Last time we were in Montego Bay a large group of us took a cab to Doctors Cove Beach and then walked down the road to MargarittaVille. I would just make sure to get an approved cab and if you walk, walk in a group. At the beach and at Margaritta Ville they will get you a cab back to the ship.

Almost forgot, there is a $5 fee at the beach and that is to provide security.

sue

2nd vote for Doctors Beach.

Since we'll be heading to Montego Bay instead of Cozumel, what excursions are offered? I know RC does not have them ready yet. The Jamaica board really doesn't have much to say.

Has anyone been here? What have you done?

Do you scuba dive? My daughter thinks that her dives there were among the best ever.

The Sunset Beach resort is where the rest of us headed. For $40 pp, all food and drink included, we had a FABULOUS day.

Here's a video of the resort:

Do you scuba dive? My daughter thinks that her dives there were among the best ever.

The Sunset Beach resort is where the rest of us headed. For $40 pp, all food and drink included, we had a FABULOUS day.

Here's a video of the resort:

nope, no scuba diving here

You can see what RCCL has to offer for excursions, they just dont make it obvious how to see it ;-)

On RCCL website click:

Plan a cruise

select ports

select caribbean

select Montego Bay

Then under Learn More About (bottom right-hand side) select Shore & land excursions

[quote name=The Sunset Beach resort is where the rest of us headed. For $40 pp, all food and drink included, we had a FABULOUS day.

[/quote]

This is another very good suggestion, I have a lot of cruise friends who have done Sunset Beach and loved it. One couple loved it so much they got married and spent their honeymoon there.

sue

Here's another vote for day pass to Sunset Beach resort! We took our entire family there and adults and kids had a wonderful time. The resort is all inclusive, (they make the best dirty bananas) and everyone had a great time in the current pool!

Rita

...try Rose Hall tour. It's a nice tour and history lesson about a plantation once owned by Annie Palmer who was a white slave owner who took numerous slave lovers and then killed them once she was tired of them. On the way back you stop at The Shops of Rose Hall which is a nice, upscale shopping center.

We also spent the day at Sunset Beach resort while docked at Montego Bay.

The food wasn't the greatest, but the drinks were fine and we didn't have to duke it out over deck chairs. :D The kids enjoyed the water slides and my oldest son had an inexpensive beach-side massage. All in all, a very relaxing day.

It is very close to where the ship is docked and the cabbie who drove us over to the resort returned at a specific pick-up time. Easy-peasy. :)

When I was in Montego Bay I took a tender ride in and then returned on the same tender to see the ship from the water.

Otherwise I enjoyed a lovely quiet day on board. There was a big RCCL ship in on the same day, but I can't recall which.

Archived