Amsterdam Hotel??

mfabz

We are booked on the Century for late August. Planning to arrive day before departure and would appreciate suggestions for hotel.

Thanks

I had luck with priceline.com. Bid $120 for a 5 stars hotel in city central, and landed Grand Hotel Amrath Amsterdam, 1/3 mile from the central station. With tax and fees, it came to $134 per night. Hotels.com listed the same hotel for $195 per night. Good luck.

Depends also what you like to spend and where you want to stay.

Next to the cruise-terminal is Movenpick Hotel.

Around Centraal Station - not too far from the terminal - are hotels like:|

Barbizon Palace, Victoria, Renaissance, Bellevue and around Dam: Krasnapolsky, De Roode Leeuw and many others.

Ine --

Is there easy access to the central city from Movenpick? I am currently considering the Renaissance because it seens to be centrally located and near the train station.

I know we can take the train from the airport , but can we take the train to the seaport? I understand you have trams as well.

Thanks for your time.

Donna

Ine --

Is there easy access to the central city from Movenpick? I am currently considering the Renaissance because it seens to be centrally located and near the train station.

I know we can take the train from the airport , but can we take the train to the seaport? I understand you have trams as well.

Thanks for your time.

Donna

Movenpick and the cruise-terminal are east of centraal Station where the trains stop. It is walkable in about 10-15 minutes, but tramnr. 25 and 26 stops near the terminalIt is just about 2 stops away. But watch you take them into the right direction 25 to PTA and 26 to IJburg, or you will end in a different part of town.

Singletickets can be bought inside the train. At each station you can buy a strippenkaart, which you can use for more rides and more persons.

Cards of 15 strips or more. You need to stamp at least 2 strips per person( more on longer rides).

Renaissance is indeed a little more south of Centraal Station and a little closer to city-center.

• 1 month later...

It depends what you want to spend.

Easiest location is a hotel around centraal Station, like Movenpick, Victoria, renaissance, barbizon Palace, Bellevue etc.

Also Radisson, Krasnapolsky, Ramada etc. are not that far from CS. But again the choice is wide.

INE, we're booked at the Renaissance for a 23 hour layover. Can you recommend a website that has the train schedule from Schiphol, arriving at 1pm, ala KLM, terminal, etc. to Centraal Station and how long it would take to hotel? We have Anne Frank tickets the same evening. Can we purchase the Canal Boat tickets or HoHo at the airport or online? Which train/boat tickets do you recommend for 4 adults and 1 child?

INE, we're booked at the Renaissance for a 23 hour layover. Can you recommend a website that has the train schedule from Schiphol, arriving at 1pm, ala KLM, terminal, etc. to Centraal Station and how long it would take to hotel? We have Anne Frank tickets the same evening. Can we purchase the Canal Boat tickets or HoHo at the airport or online? Which train/boat tickets do you recommend for 4 adults and 1 child?

On this site: http://ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers

you can find the schedules and rates for traintickets. There are about 6-8 train each hour from the airport to Centraal Station. Traveltime about 17 minutes.

Buy single tickets. For kids 4-11 you can buy the special railrunnerticket.

Under 4 travel free.

The station is under the arrivel halls after you have picked up your luggage, just look at the signs.

Buy tickets for either the canalboats or Hoho locally, so you can plan according to the weather or how tired you are.

Around CS there a various canalboatrides like reederij Kooy, Holland International etc.

They leave very frfequently.

The Hoho ship is near the office of the tourist board in the white wooden building. If bisy there might be a waitingline for this ship.

All is walking distance from your hotel.

Check out the Airport hotel Schipol very conveniant after your flight its on the train line only 10 minutes into the city i stayed hear and i reckomend it. there is a free shuttle bus outside a/port takes about 3 minutes to hotel and runs about every 15 minutes. the train station is in the A/port

grumphy

We are booked on the Century for late August. Planning to arrive day before departure and would appreciate suggestions for hotel.

Now if you are really brave, try this hotel http://www.hotelacacia.nl/index.php?page=3

You can spend the night on a houseboat on one of the canals in Amsterdam. The rooms are not all that bad according to the photos. I have never done this, but it sure looks interesting.

We used Priceline and wound up with the NH City Centre Hotel near Leidsplein. We weren't thrilled at first because the location looked out of the way. But the hotel was very nice and the area was great. Very convenient to the canals and the museums and the Leidsplein area was great for places to grab drinks and people watch and a quick bite to eat. Exactly what we needed. And the hotel is on the tram route so getting around was so easy. We actually walked most places - but with luggage we took the tram and it was so convenient. Our last night in Amsterdam after our cruise we stayed at the Citizen M at the airport for ease of our early morning flight. It was a bit gimmicky - the rooms are very modern and cool. But not very practicle for more than one person. It was still nice for the location - but I wouldn't do it again.

We stayed 2 nights at the NH Carlton as part of a Land tour. It's an older hotel and room was large for European standards and price was reasonable ( we arrived one day earlier). Location is the best feature-it's next to the floating flower market and excellent location for sightseeing.

• 1 month later...

We're spending two nights at the Krasnapolsky before our cruise on the Century in September. I bid $76 per night for a 5-star on Priceline. Many reviews state that the Krasnapolsky is a 4-star, but I think we'll manage. It seems that there are rooms that have yet to be renovated, and that's where the complaints come from. I'll be sure to play the "we're on our honeymoon" card in an attempt to get one of the nicer rooms.

We stayed at the Renaissance because it was centrally located and near the train station. It worked out great. Across the street from the front entrance there is a tapas restaurant and excellent coffee/bagel place for the mornings. The train is very convenient for short stays since there's no connections to worry about. Consider the tour by Holland Tours that pick you up from the airport and drop you off at the hotel. They have an office located by Starbucks at the airport. http://www.hollandtoursschiphol.nl/ :)

Archived