Bannister Island Snorkeling

angie54751

I have been trying to research this subject but haven't quite found what I'm looking for so hoping someone can help.

We will be in Belize in December. I have been to Bannister Island before on a girls trip and had a lazy day on the beach which was wonderful. This time we are doing a family trip. The kids are interested in just doing some snorkeling off the beach, but I am not sure if they would see much. Has anyone done this?? Or, what else can you tell me about the snorkeling there.

Thanks much.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Goff's Caye for snorkeling from the beach....as far as I know, the excursion has to be booked through the ship. Great snorkeling from the beach!! It is a very tiny island about 12 miles from the ship and they will pick you up at the ship....nothing at all on the island except for a few palm trees and a port-a-potty!! Very remote!! A fun day!!

Thanks for your help everyone....this is what I suspected. Hmmm....will have to do some excursion pondering.

If you are stoppping in Roatan that is THE best place to snorkle from the beach. My favorite port by far!

We did Bannister Island in Belize, but not good for snorkleing.

If you are stoppping in Roatan that is THE best place to snorkle from the beach. My favorite port by far!

We did Bannister Island in Belize, but not good for snorkleing.

I must agree with this. The sandy areas like Bannister's beach area are not good for snorkeling. You need to take their boat trip out to the reef to see anything.

Roatan is one of the best places to go to for beach snorkeling.

Unfortunately, we don't go to Roatan but will definitely keep that in mind for another cruise....as there will be others ;). Our other stop is in Cozumel in which we were hoping to have a fun beach day.

clackey,

how much was the snorkeling trip off of bannister island? also was the snorkeling good? how long was the excursion? Thanks!

It has been a couple of years since we were there, but I believe that we paid $45@. We had our own snorkel gear and I talked them down a little.

They shuttled us to the island and dropped off the people that were not going to the reef. They took us out for about 1 1/2 or 2 hours and let us do a drift snorkel where you drift with the current and the boat picks you up at the end of the tour. We saw more good coral formations on this trip than any other. Then they took us back to the island for a couple of hours of beach time. It was well worth the money and we would not hesitate to do it again.

We went with Fab Tours on that trip. I have read that they now have their own island but since we haven't had another trip booked to Belize I haven't kept up with the latest news.

I have been trying to research this subject but haven't quite found what I'm looking for so hoping someone can help.

We will be in Belize in December. I have been to Bannister Island before on a girls trip and had a lazy day on the beach which was wonderful. This time we are doing a family trip. The kids are interested in just doing some snorkeling off the beach, but I am not sure if they would see much. Has anyone done this?? Or, what else can you tell me about the snorkeling there.

Thanks much.

Coral Breeze has a Bannister Island trip where the snorkeling is optional (they said they're out for about an hour). So anyone who doesn't want to snorkel can get off at the beach prior to the snorkel portion of the tour, and you can meet up with them after snorkeling.

Archived