Thompson Celebration - Very Interesting Report Of Ship with Photos

I came across this very interesting report of Thompson's Celelebration, there are a few photo's, it describes the ship, life on board, food, entertainment and excursionsetc.

An extremely useful report for those who have never cruised wth Thompson before or on this particular ship.

Just click on the link below.

http://www.travelpage.com/main/cover_subject_colorful_coastal.asp

Enjoy.;)

Happy sailing

Beckyfaye:)

Thanks for the link Beckyfaye - as you say, interesting reading. I'd seen the original review in 2006 but it's worth getting an up-date and the photos are certainly recent - the upholstery in Hemingways is new - they'd just made a start on that last autumn.

He didn't seem quite as impressed with the showteam as his previous trip - they do vary a little (on the Destiny earlier this year was one of the best teams we've ever seen) but even so, we think the entertainment is a big plus on Thomson (not being a fan of acrobats/jugglers/second rate opera singers etc.) but his review seems very balanced and reassuring, I would imagine, for those not having travelled with Thomson before.

Might even try Zilli's this time - we always say we will but enjoy the Meridian so much, we don't usually get round to it! :)

A interesting review. For those who panic about such things the soap powder is free and there is an additional tea/coffee station in 'smokers corner'. I never did find out the difference between English and Irish breakfast tea!

My shower was more powerful and would pin you in the corner for hours, given the chance.

BTW afternoon tea was also served in Explorers lounge.

Thanks for the link Beckyfaye - as you say, interesting reading. I'd seen the original review in 2006 but it's worth getting an up-date and the photos are certainly recent - the upholstery in Hemingways is new - they'd just made a start on that last autumn.

When we went on the ship in March, the whole ship smelt like new after the refit. New carpets and upholstery in most of the ship. It looked great for a old ship.

I came across this very interesting report of Thompson's Celelebration, there are a few photo's, it describes the ship, life on board, food, entertainment and excursionsetc.

An extremely useful report for those who have never cruised wth Thompson before or on this particular ship.

Just click on the link below.

http://www.travelpage.com/main/cover_subject_colorful_coastal.asp

Enjoy.;)

Happy sailing

Beckyfaye:)

Thanks for the link, great review

A very fair review, in my opinion, looking at both the positives and the negatives and not just concentrating on one of the other. This year will be our third on the Celebration so clearly we have no complaints!

Archived