Atlantis Allure of the Seas Jan 23rd 2011 ?

mike@sea

The Allure ot Seas cruise on January 23rd 2011 is the only Oasis/Allure cruise that is blocked for general bookings. Anybody has any idea, whether Atlantis chartered it and if, when it would go on sale ?

....Sorry just double checked. One website showed it as "fully booked" but the RCL website has it open for bookings. So I guess no charter agreement yet...

Cheers

Michael

Wow that was such a bummer! I got so excited when I saw your post, but I have been checking regularly too and found nothing. Rich has recently said on the Atlantis Alumni site he's not sure the Genesis class is "right for an Atlantis Cruise." Not sure what that means!!! :confused: He also said he's not thrilled with Norwegian Epic. Come on people, we need to lobby for a new ship!!!

Wow that was such a bummer! I got so excited when I saw your post, but I have been checking regularly too and found nothing. Rich has recently said on the Atlantis Alumni site he's not sure the Genesis class is "right for an Atlantis Cruise." Not sure what that means!!! :confused: He also said he's not thrilled with Norwegian Epic. Come on people, we need to lobby for a new ship!!!

I think the biggest concern is the ability to sell out -- though I am guessing the January cruise will sell out regardless --

However -- the larger the ship, the higher the cost -- I have seen some Oasis cruises going for about 20% more than the Liberty counterparts...

I would never set foot on the Oasis or her sister for that matter. They are just too big. The Norwegian Epic has my full attention though and I would love for Rich to consider booking this. I rallied him twice on the Solstice cruise. I'm a fan of NCL when I cruise hetero. Actually thanks to Rich on the 2003 Norwegian Dawn cruise I tried out NCL and went to them after Princess slipped under Carnivore's (whoops... Carnival) take over. The Epic's deck plans are fantastic and not to mention their pool deck?! Talk about an adult's playground! It's got several different venues so you could have different DJs at all of them with no problems!!!

Rich stated that the lack of a main theater for entertainment on the Epic was a draw back. So, who needs a main venue? Spread the entertainment around and have options. That was the case on the Solstice cruise. There were plenty of options and comedians everywhere (almost too many). He could drop the price he charges and forgo a special entertainer (still figuring out who Chita Rivera is... I had no clue what she was singing). :cool:

Anyway... I AGREE with you! Rally the troops and lets get a write in campaign going!! :D NORWEGIAN EPIC gets my vote!

~jake

Never found one too big for me! LOL ;)

LOL!!

On a ship like Oasis if you see someone you may never see them again the rest of the cruise. It has some many neighborhoods you could almost get lost and never find your room again. Plus I think everyone would be on the elevating bar. :eek::rolleyes::D I would need to eat three main courses a night just to burn through the calories needed to get around the ship and not to mention all the dancing (from 11PM until sunrise or later). :D

Archived