Dock or Tender?

debr

Hi-

I was just there in April on the Summit and we docked. BTW....VERY good snorkling. We just went in about 1/2 mile from the ship...you can walk down the waterfront road. There is a wide shallow shelf right in front of the Promenade Rd. There are boats tied off there, but we just swam in around them. There is a dive shop there and the divers were just walking into the water...the drop-off is about 100 yds out. Our local guide said it was about a 650 ft. wall. We snorkled between the dive shop and the Venezuelan consulate.

My suggestion is to wear a long sleeve rash guard. We got stung by many tiny little jelly fish. You couldn't hardly see them, but you could sure feel them! It was really amazing, tho. Like swimming in an aquarium.

• 5 weeks later...

We were in Bonaire in Feb. aboard the Caribbean Princess and there is a dock large enough to accomodate a ship of it's size just east of the old main pier in downtown Kralendijk (sp?). I would not have believed that they could accomodate a megaship like the CB but we docked within an easy walk to town.

I have seen several cruise ships docked there.

I have never seen a cruise ship anchor and tender at Bonaire. In fact, it is illegal to anchor anywhere around the island. There are mooring buoys for smaller boats, but I really doubt that they would hold a cruise ship.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived