Excursion/mask/fins question?

lastminutecruiser

We are planning several excursions with snorkeling. I borrowed masks w/snorkels from a family member. Can we just get fins and vests without paying extra on boat type excursions(ones that provide equip.)? On private excursions is it a package deal mask, fins, vest etc. or can I save $$ just getting fins and vest? I feel more comfortable with my own masks but don't want to lug along the fins if I still have to pay the same $$ to get the vest. Thanks!

Boat excursions always provide equipment if you need. Not like scuba diving, I don't think you'll get discount for not using their gear. I always have my complete gear, but I've never gotten discount for not using theirs. Some cruiselines ask your shoe size when you book, but most don't. Find out if you need to put in your shoe size for fins. It's not a big deal because boats usually have plenty of fins for most shoe sizes.

As an employee of a shore excusion Op here in Cozumel, I can tell you that all of our snorkel tours, include mask, fans, snorkel and vest. My personal opinion would be to bring your own mask, since you have it, and there's NOTHING worse than a mask that you don't like or that doesnt fit, and to save space, use the tour ops fins, they're relatively generic.

Archived