Everything Skyloft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cruise Critic Editor in Chief - Carolyn Spencer Brown is touning Oasis this week and presents us with these photos and lots of info.

She saw the Sky Loft Suites - and when asked to describe to us, she replied - "Literally, aside from looking at a deck plan (which is accessible to all of us) there's nothing to report. It was bare bones, a construction site. You could feel the spaciousness -- but to imagine it with er, walls, furnishings, etc., well, it wasn't there yet!"

Her original post was the following - "If you're splurging, the Royal (Loft)Crown suite is the best onboard, bigger than most houses. But I really loved the Loft Corner (Sky Loft) suites (great, wide balconies). One (Crown) Loft Suite was done up and it's a sleek space (we'd seen a prototype last November and it looked just the same but of course this one had a view!)"

Here is a view looking across the balcony from 1720. Looks like a lot of room. oasis-of-the-seas-loft-suite-balcony.jpg

And here's a shot looking from the balcony of 1720 toward the balcony of 1718. Once again, no dividers, so not sure where they divide.

oasis-loft-suite-large2.jpg

And last, but not least, a look off the back of the balcony at 1720 overlooking the mini-golf course and flow rider. No aerostat platform to deal with now...

oasis-of-the-seas-minigolf-sbw.jpg

Just realized this. The balcony divider between Sky Lofts 1718 and 1720 will need to be the kind that retracts as the two suites are adjoining. Same thing applies for 1740 (RL) and 1738 (CL). None of the other loft suites adjoin.

I'm trying to see if this revelation will help me to figure out where the divider will be between the two sky lofts.

Any thoughts, or is that completely useless info?

TA told me that Royal told her that it is for ALL loft suites, including crown, sky and royal lofts.

I would again caution that nothing with these new or existing ships appears to ever be set in stone, and misinformation seems to abound.

It does have the potential to make since though. I mean the concierge lounge is so far away, and RCI has still alloted space up there for the compulsory Viking Crown Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel. If it is not for concierge, then I wonder what else they would use it for.... maybe as a small reception area for wedding parties from the chapel. That would be a lovely place to have an intimate wedding reception!

Is this only for Diamond and up? Or any one who forked out for the loft suites:)

Is this only for Diamond and up? Or any one who forked out for the loft suites:)

I don't know, but I would guess it is for anyone in a loft suite.

I think the info about it being a concierge lounge may be inaccurate though, or at least RCI may have changed their mind about how to use the space, because Carolyn wrote in her Oasis Blog that it will be used for wedding receptions. I had thought about that. However, they can't have receptions 24/7. Maybe it will be used for both.

• 2 weeks later...
I cropped the pictures from above for a closer look at 1720.

We are going to have a tremendous amount of room on this balcony.

Still no indication of where the balcony partition will be on the side balcony...

skyloft1720.jpg

Nice close up. Thanks! :)

I'm still thinking we'll have a decent sized wrap around on that balcony.

Finally, a good shot of the side of the ship and the balconies for 1718 and 1720. It appears the divider may be up between, or at least a protrusion that would likely be where the divider will be.

skyloftbalcony.jpg

Yeah. I think 1720 will be a wrap around. from the looks of things we'll know for sure soon. Now I'd like to see if there is a difference in the interior layout. Will the upstairs master bedroom have a view? I imagine so but what will the orientation be?

Our first look inside the cabin (1720)!

Door on the right side of the photo leads into the living area.

Stairs are along the back wall going up to the left.

Bedroom and bath are to the left in the cabin with a window looking aft.

First floor under this area is first floor bathroom and probably the dining table....

loftsuitenightviewinside.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14h_KJu2UtA and pause at :13 and at :19 and help me speculate on the side balcony for 1720. If the dividers are at the poles, it looks like that there is a pole right in the middle of 1718's windows, and then the next pole is where the tarp is hanging, which seems to be near where the back balcony begins. So it appears 1718 will have most of that side balcony and 1720 will be mainly off the back, but will also have the side at the back. Still waiting for someone to send a good picture, and that may happen soon since there are people on board with cameras!

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14h_KJu2UtA and pause at :13 and at :19 and help me speculate on the side balcony for 1720. If the dividers are at the poles, it looks like that there is a pole right in the middle of 1718's windows, and then the next pole is where the tarp is hanging, which seems to be near where the back balcony begins. So it appears 1718 will have most of that side balcony and 1720 will be mainly off the back, but will also have the side at the back. Still waiting for someone to send a good picture, and that may happen soon since there are people on board with cameras!

You know, I'm not convinced. I think that's the tarp. The divider between 1718 and 1720 needs to be retractable as these staterooms are adjoining, plus. I'm sure I saw a video showing a divider roughly in the middle of that port side white wall. I guess we'll soon see.

Check out the video again at :19. I looks like the tarp is attached to a pole, and if you reference one of the pictures above, you'll see that that pole is past the wall. I think it's unfortunately still too soon to tell. I can tell you that my TA assures me that Royal Caribbean says the balcony will wrap around, but that was a little while ago, and deck plans do change over the course of construction.

Archived