Lager on Destiny

I know the lager normally on sale is Stella but I read on another thread that, if you don't ask for Stella by name, you are served the local lager. Is this true and, if so what brand might it be in the Western Med? You're probably thinking I'm determined to be served Stella, but it's the reverse. I think Stella is just too strong, lovely but too strong, and I'd be happy to drink the local stuff as long as it's cold. We're on A/I so I assume the alternative local brew would be included.

I'm a Geordie and love a drink, I just don't like being drunk.

Jim

Hi jimb98

We've been on the Destiny 3 times now and although there was a different lager on tap in the Caribbean, my other half has always been served with Stella without asking. If there had been an alternative on the AI he would have taken it, as, like you he finds Stella too strong. He tends to go on to spirits and mixers or the cocktails as he gets fed up with Stella. You can get lager in bottles but thats not on the AI.

Janet:eek:

Thanks Janet,

I don't drink any spirits or wine so I'll have to put up with the Stella. Idon't suppose it's the worst problem in the world. The thing is, I like Stella as it's lovely and smooth, but far too strong. About 25 years ago I ran the Paris marathon and the cheapest bar we could find afterwards only sold Stella. After every 10 halfs we got a free one. I think I'm still suffering today.

Cheers,

Jim

Archived