Has any one done the Princess Tour "Costa Rica Favorites"

joyride

Hi. I will be on the Coral Princess in April with 3 girlfriends and we are looking at this tour which includes the Aerial Tram, Lunch, and then mawamba boat through the canals. None of us have been to Costa Rica before and we want to make the most of our day there. There haven't been many comments regarding the aerial tram ride. This tour is pricey - so I'd love to know if anyone has done it and if it was worth the money.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone taken the aerial tram in Limon???? I would really like to know if it is worth the long drive. I am into photography and would rather do this than ziplining since it would be hard to do with a camera!

Has anyone taken the aerial tram in Limon???? I would really like to know if it is worth the long drive. I am into photography and would rather do this than ziplining since it would be hard to do with a camera!

Hi,

We were in Limon late March, 05 and did not take the aerial tram ride but two of our tablemates did. According to them saw few animals but not much during the trip, eventhough they enjoyed the trip but the ride was very long. Hope it helps.

Truyen

Joyride: We did the boats through the Tortuguero(sp) Canals and throroughly enjoyed it and would do it again. We did not do the aerial thing so I cannot help you there but the canal trip was neat.

Marilyn

Hi. I will be on the Coral Princess in April with 3 girlfriends and we are looking at this tour which includes the Aerial Tram, Lunch, and then mawamba boat through the canals. None of us have been to Costa Rica before and we want to make the most of our day there. There haven't been many comments regarding the aerial tram ride. This tour is pricey - so I'd love to know if anyone has done it and if it was worth the money.

Thanks!

Just back from the 12/10 - 12/20 Coral cruise and took this tour. It was excellent. We thought the arial tram would be the highlight, but we were wrong.

Our tour guide, Daniel was outstanding! On the way to the tram we stopped and saw our first sloth. The tram was pretty, but almost no wildlife was seen. We did, however, see a an Eyelash Pit Viper at the tram station (small and pointed out by our tram guide). Make sure you shop at the tram station. First, it is a very nice shop and second, it might be the only chance you get since this is an all-day tour.

Lunch was at a restaurant enroute to the canals and, while not exactly gourmet fare, was tasty.

Back on the road our guide had the bus stopped and he went out to the side of the road to get something. He brought back a Strawberry Poison Dart Frog (the local name is Blue Jean Poison Dart Frog due to its coloration). He had it in a glass covered with his handkerchief and hand. It is extremely poisonous and has 4 different type of toxins. Even though tiny, the natives can make 40 poison tip darts from it. Once we had all seen it, he let it go.

Once at the river, we boarded the boat and immediately saw a group of Howler Monkeys with a baby. Along the way, we saw 3 more groups of Howlers (including a large group of young ones), a large Croc (8-10 feet) in the water, several large caimans (3-6 feet) on the banks, large and multiple-colored iguanas, bats, many water birds, sloths, etc. Absolutely fantastic!

I highly recommend the tour, but the cruise is the real star.

If you want more info, please see my review just posted under the Member Reviews and the thread on the cruise on the Princess board.

I hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

Mike

Archived