single glass

silver service

i wonder if it is ok to have just a single glass of wine at dinner? perhaps allowing room for pre and post dinner imbibing!! your considered thoughts please.:D

No problem at all, quite a few people do just that. The per glass choice is limited but you could buy a full bottle and the Wine Steward would keep it perfectly for you until you had finished it - even if it took 5 or 6 nights.

Jackie, thanks - we are really looking forward to the QV, Jim

Shall expect a full report when you come back to get me in the mood for when we join her on the 20th !!;)

Jackie :)

When you purchase a bottle, it will be recorked and your name attached and the wine steward will have it ready for you each evening until it is used up.

There is no wine card (there is a soda card).

As previously asked by another poster, you could buy a bottle for several nights, but I guess that would mean always having the same wine. Two of our dinner companions only wanted a glass each night so they did that, Chablis for one, sparkling wine for the other.

Our other companions ordered a bottle on day 2 and kept that for the rest of the trip - it was always there when we sat down - even when all moved to a different table.

The problem with ordering a bottle of wine is that the waiter keeps refilling your glass. I'm trying to pace myself, so I'm thinking of ordering just one glass this time. Unfortunately then, you don't have much choice of wines this way obviously.

The problem with ordering a bottle of wine is that the waiter keeps refilling your glass. I'm trying to pace myself, so I'm thinking of ordering just one glass this time. Unfortunately then, you don't have much choice of wines this way obviously.

You just ask for one glass and after it is poured tell the waiter to put the bottle away. I did this on the WC 2008 & there were no problems, one glass every evening with dinner, just right.

Just ask him/her not to. It's no problem. I usually have a glass the first night until I have had time to browse the wine list and then bottles which usually last me three nights or so.

Archived