Kenai Fjord with Fox Island stop...

PK4SC

Has anyone done the Kenai Fjord cruise with the Fox Island stop for a salmon dinner? This cruise leaves two hours after the one we booked. Is this the same cruise only with the Fox Island stop added? I need opinion on this from the board.

We did this one in 2001 and really enjoyed it but it was our first time to Alaska. Don't remember there being any glacier viewing on that trip. If glaciers interest you I would check if you book it. I remember the food being very good and it was drizzly out which added to the ambiance of where we were.

I did a somewhat different cruise coming out of Seward (not too different), and really enjoyed it. Fox Island was nice. The glacier viewing was nothing special, but the wildlife sure as heck was.

I have done the Fox Island tour, a great option at the time with a 2 for 1 coupon, and me sailing Kenai Fjords many times. The salmon bake is very good.

But it is a more tightly routed and timed trip, they have to be at the lodge at a certain time, and from the lodge area you can see Seward. On the regular boat tours, there is a factor of leeway where diversions can and do happen, depending on sighting reports and trends. I've been on many of these boat trips, it would, at this point, be my last choice. BUT that is my opinion and my priority for varied wildlife- ALL I can get. :)

Archived