Hello? Fatfish? Anyone home?

deeceedub

I've emailed Fatfish Adventures twice over the past 3 weeks- I want to book the waverunner tour. I've had ZERO response from them.

Is this common? Should I assume they're already booked and try elsewhere? We really wanted to use them, but I'm a stickler about customer service... :rolleyes:

Wow! Usually they contact you within a day to 2 days. That is unusal. I would try to call them directly. I emailed them just today regarding our reservation so I'll see how long it takes for them to respond.

Does anyone have a review for the waverunner tour? I read great reviews onTraveladvisor but I would love to hear from people on cruisecritic.

My boys would LOVE to do this tour.

thanks for any advice,

Debbie

I finally got an email reply with tour detalis and a phone # to book. I just called and got a guy who was obviously out on the water somewhere and not able to take my reservation, but he said they'd call me back this afternoon. I hope they call.

Hawaii, thanks for the thought to check the spam filter. I don't think that was the problem but we do have a really strict firewall here at work and I think it wasn't getting through.

Vegas- when do you cruise? I have read lots of good things about Fatfish, which is why I want to use them. We sail on June 21, if you guys are after that I'll be sure and get back here with a review when we're home.

Thanks all.

**Edit- sorry, I just saw your countdown ticker, Vegas. You're ahead of me. Ours is a graduation cruise, too. Too bad we're not on the same ship! I say go ahead and book the waverunners- I don't think you'd find anything 18 year old boys would like better! Good luck.

I had almost given up on booking this tour- I was literally seconds away from emailing stingraysailing for their catamaran tour- when Peter called me back.

We're booked for our Cayman day on June 21. I am SO EXCITED! :D

I'll let you all know how it went when we get back home.

I just got back we used Fat Fish, and it was great. So much better than the other ways to see sting ray city. There was 10 of us total and 2 tour guides the rest of the boats had alot more people and 1 guide. Peter was a great guide.

Does anyone have a review for the waverunner tour? I read great reviews onTraveladvisor but I would love to hear from people on cruisecritic.

My boys would LOVE to do this tour.

thanks for any advice,

Debbie

We were on there boat since there were six in my group. There was also a group of 4 that came with us and they were on the wave runners. It looked a bit rougher than the boat plus it was easier to get in and out of the water with the boat.

I've emailed Fatfish Adventures twice over the past 3 weeks- I want to book the waverunner tour. I've had ZERO response from them.

Is this common? Should I assume they're already booked and try elsewhere? We really wanted to use them, but I'm a stickler about customer service... :rolleyes:

They contacted me through cell phone less than 24 hours. I would say that is pretty good customer service. I'll let this thred know how our experience was when we get back. Two years ago we chartered a boat through Nativeway, they were great, but we wanted to try something different this time around.:)

Yes, Peter was very friendly on the phone and even apologized for the delay getting in touch with me. I've read enough postitive things about him and the tour that I was willing to wait, I was just worried that they would be booked up when I finally made contact.

We did Captain Marvin's last time we were in the Caymans, and it was very nice, but we too were looking for something different this trip.

I guess one bonus of skipping port in Cozumel is that we don't have to pay for excursions! :)

Fat Fish Adventures was AWESOME! We were there last Monday & had a fantastic time. Peter picked my hubby & I up at the Hardrock (right down from the dock)along with another couple. We made a stop at the station to get squid & water & we were off. We got to the waverunners & Peter introduced us to his guide Neil who was AWESOME & very informative about the area. We headed out! Some areas were a little choppy but it was FUN! Neil dove down & got starfish for us to look at then we headed out to Stingray City. It was awesome! We had a blast feeding the stingrays & holding them. We headed off for some snorkeling & then we hit a little beach bar for food & drinks. Play with the dog, he's friendly. =) We left & headed back in...it was somewhat choppy on this last leg but we had soooo much fun. We will book them again if we're in the Caymans again. I will try to post some pics of our trip! Our arms & legs were a little sore the next day but again it was worth it. My hubby can't quit talking about it.

You will not be disappointed booking with Fat Fish Adventures!

Fat Fish Adventures was AWESOME! We were there last Monday & had a fantastic time. Peter picked my hubby & I up at the Hardrock (right down from the dock)along with another couple. We made a stop at the station to get squid & water & we were off. We got to the waverunners & Peter introduced us to his guide Neil who was AWESOME & very informative about the area. We headed out! Some areas were a little choppy but it was FUN! Neil dove down & got starfish for us to look at then we headed out to Stingray City. It was awesome! We had a blast feeding the stingrays & holding them. We headed off for some snorkeling & then we hit a little beach bar for food & drinks. Play with the dog, he's friendly. =) We left & headed back in...it was somewhat choppy on this last leg but we had soooo much fun. We will book them again if we're in the Caymans again. I will try to post some pics of our trip! Our arms & legs were a little sore the next day but again it was worth it. My hubby can't quit talking about it. Any questions feel free to ask. If you want to see more pics let me know.

You will not be disappointed booking with Fat Fish Adventures and the personal service you receive from them. =)

P5110141.jpg

P5110145.jpg

P5110149.jpg

P5110168.jpg

P5110186.jpg

P5110216.jpg

Kailyn, I want to say we were out there about 3 hrs...my hubby isn't here for my to verify. It was just us & another couple that time.

deeceedub...I'm sure you guys will have a great time. My hubby has declared it a MUST DO when we're in the Caymans again.

:)

Great pictures

I have a few questions

Did you have any trouble getting back on the wave runner after snorkeling.

How do you keep tract of the wave runner while you are snorkeling

I see you both were on 1 wave runner, how much was the cost

Was there a dry place to put wallet and such.

Is the Hardrock with in walking distance from the tender dock

Thanks again for the pictures.

Great pictures

I have a few questions

Did you have any trouble getting back on the wave runner after snorkeling.

How do you keep tract of the wave runner while you are snorkeling

I see you both were on 1 wave runner, how much was the cost

Was there a dry place to put wallet and such.

Is the Hardrock with in walking distance from the tender dock

Thanks again for the pictures.

Hope you don't mind if I answer as we are just off FOS from last week! We were booked with FF on Thursday! I DID have a little trouble getting back on the wave runner (granted, I have a big ole butt) and trying to HEAVE it back up on that thing in choppy water was not an easy feat! Peter ties each jet ski off to his boat so there is no keeping up with things! 2 people on one wave runner is $175 and 3 is $200. If Peter takes the boat out when you go out then he will put all of your things that need to stay dry in the boat (which stays with you at all times). The Hardrock is walking distance from the Pier! Easy to find! Just take a right!

Thanks for answering for me...I've been away a couple of days. :D

Peter didn't go with us. Neil (our guide) went on a waverunner & he anchored his & then hooked us all together.

Getting on the waverunners after snorkeling wasn't too bad. You'll need that upper arm strength to pull yourself up but it wasn't bad. Of course I was a little tired after snorkeling & swimming - out of shape when it comes to swimming. That was the first time since last summer. :D

The waverunners do have a compartment for a few items (sunblock, camera, hat, glasses, etc). They will tell you it is not 100% dry tough. Our digital camera was waterproof so that wasn't a problem for us. Peter kept our beach bags with towels, flip flops, etc locked up in his van while we were gone. :)

This time issue always bothers me also. When I e-mailed them and told them our ship was due in at 7:30 am but didn't know if that was ships time or Cayman here was there response.

Thanks for contacting us, my name is Carolyn Jervis. We are available on

June 29th, 09.

Your ship the Enchantment of the Seas arrives at 6:30 am Cayman Time and

leaves at 3:00 pm Cayman Time. Your ship is the only ship in on this day.

The start time of the tour would therefore be a 9:00 am pick up time- local

time.

Let me tell you a little bit about our tour.

And another response.

Cayman time should be an hour behind your ship so it would be 6:30 when you get here. You should be able to make our 9am tour and we do have space on June 29th. Would you like me to book this for you?

I understand that the Caymans are on Eastern standard time, But does not change for daylight savings time.

So while we are under DST there is a 1 hour difference (EST) and when we are under (EST) we re the same

• 2 weeks later...
The 10:30 slot only has one ski available and the 8am slot has two. I would prefer two, so that I do not have to ride with hubby. Ship comes ahore at 7:30a. Opinions of the 8a tour??? Is that too early? Thanks!

Howdy,

Ahh the dreaded time question for the Western Caribbean, planning our cruise and doing independant excursions all hinged around that pesky time issue. My wife and I were with Fat Fish Adven ture on Tuesday May 12, 2009 and were booked with the 8:00 am Tour. We were on the Carnival Legend and here is our experience:

1) When RCI says its docking at 7:30 am that will be ship time which is indeed 6:30 am GC time. This gives you 1.5 hours to get off the ship and make it to the Hard Rock to meet Peter. TRUST ME....this is pppuuuu-leenty-of time.

2) Nothing, and I mean nothing is open at 6:30 am GC time. Don't rush off the boat thinking you are gonna do some shopping before meeting Peter. Nothing is open that time of morning. We found a little coffee shop and got a water but we basically walked up and down the main street looking at store fronts that said "open at 8am". Take your time, eat breakfast on ship, get your stuff ready and head for the tender at 8:15 (ship time) or 7:15 Grand Cayman Time.

3) Short tender ride over, about 10 minutes or so, get off, snap some photo's and take a leisurley stroll over to the Hard Rock. From the tender pier hang a right on the main drag, follow it for about 2 -3 blocks. You can't miss it. Hang our right in the Foyer, there is a diamonds international there as well and maybe open.

4) Peter will show up wearing a shirt says Fat Fish Adventure like the logo on their website. Go up say hello and your all set.

The tour has been covered numerous times here on CC and on trip advisor so I won't go into details. It was awesome though and you will definately enjoy yourself.

Regarding the time issue, I asked neal who is peter assistant about which time is better. He told me both were good because the 8am time gets you out early and you are one of the first groups to arrive. When we got there I think there were maybe two or three other boats there. The cruise ship cattle call boats had not yet arrived. They will when you are there and then you will truly enjoy the great value and experience of having a small group. Since you are one of the first there the Rays are hungry and they come when you show up. Neal said in the later tours, the rays have all been fed but they are a little more docile and just come out of curiosity, plus you are there in between the morning cruise excursions and the early afternoon so again it is not as busy. Either time slot it is still a great experience and I'm telling you, THE true value comes when the cruise sponsored excursions show up 30, 40, 50 people cramed on double decker boats show up with just a couple of guides to help find the rays come rolling up. You look around and it's just your small group of 8 people max. WELL worth the money.

Archived