So what's "not so good" to eat on Carnival?

If you never had fish, what did you eat on Fridays during Lent?

Veggies, eggs [which I always thought of as VERY young chickens!] We did go out to a Friday Fish Fry [sans Pappy] on occasion. Friday nights in football season [Game nights] I could skip the wonderful Friday dinner at home. But the rest of the year it was eggs & vegs or vegs & eggs.

Veggies, eggs [which I always thought of as VERY young chickens!] We did go out to a Friday Fish Fry [sans Pappy] on occasion. Friday nights in football season [Game nights] I could skip the wonderful Friday dinner at home. But the rest of the year it was eggs & vegs or vegs & eggs.

God love yas.

My mother always claimed the Bishop of Cork granted our family an exemption from fasting during the Famine that was still good. I think she just wanted a cheeseburger.

God love yas.

My mother always claimed the Bishop of Cork granted our family an exemption from fasting during the Famine that was still good. I think she just wanted a cheeseburger.

I had forgotten about toasted cheese sands. and tomato soup and mac n cheese. We did get them too.

I loved the "whats good to eat" thread, but now I'm wondering if there are any dishes that you would recommend staying away from. :o

I still remember 9 years ago that the "Baked Alaska" was a huge disappointment. It was just ice cream with some whipped cream over it. Not a "Baked Alaska" at all.

(but honestly, I think that's the only food I didn't care for on the entire cruise!)

Anything you remember that you would NOT recommend??

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO MaiTaiMary: I am not a big fan of pork, bacon, sauage, shark, lobster, shrimp, clams, eel, squid. I would recommend staying away from that. Also, anything fried stay away from. Pepperoni Pizza stay away from. I also don't like hot and spicy food either so my recommendation is to stay away from those things. However, if you really want and crave those things, after all you may like them, all I have to say is it's your body. If you want to get sick go ahead.

You gotta be brave to post in this one...:eek:

Okay, I'm feeling brave. I finally tried the warm choc melting cake this last cruise, twice. It just tasted like an under cooked regular cake to me. Not good.

Now I will go run for cover and not come out until Thanksgiving.

I couldn't stand it! It was like eating warm unsweet chocolate that melted. Awful! From the threads I've read I got a bad batch. YUCK!!

Flat iron mystery meat was another real disappointment. What IS that?

Archived