NCL Star for Teens?

JerseyMom

I just booked the NCL Star (Mexican Riviera) for my son's next Spring Break at which time he will be 2 weeks away from turning 15. Does anyone know anything about the teen club on the Star? Is it well attended? He definitely won't know any other teens on board and while he is not terribly introverted, he's not a big party animal either. Last time we cruised (when he was almost 13), he did get the number of a girl he met at the Kid's Club and they still text each other.

Thanks!

My kids have cruised Disney, Royal Caribbean and NCL. NCL has the best teen program. My kids/teens (now adults) loved NCL. The counselors do creative interactive games with them. The last night of the cruise they all go to dinner together. The training/program is pretty much standard across the board on all the ships, just the facilities might vary.

I highly recommend NCL for teens.

Teens (Ages 13-17)

Wii

Sports Activities

Teen Dance Club*

Parties and Movies

Video Arcade

Teen Dinner

Computer Games

Team-Building Challenges-- really fun

Thanks, byucougs. We went on Disney when he was 7 and he hated it. The Kids Club at NCL he said was O.K. - he was disappointed they wouldn't let him in the Teen Club weeks before his 13th birthday - but he said it was way better than Disney. I think he will enjoy the additional freedom he will have this time around - especially not having to be signed in and out.

Take it from me, NCL is the best ship for teens. And the Star is one of the most teen friendly ships. One thing that isnt though of much though is that for a teen the expierience isnt as much how the teen club is, but the group of teens on the given week. Sometimes there are people you enjoy, and others not so much.

Archived