Cruise4Andy

ccturner26

Hello CC:

We rented a one way rental from Fort Myers to Fort Lauderdale and had to return our rental vehicle before we could go on board.

We unloaded most of our group at the pier around 12:30 PM, but the other driver and myself did not make it back until 1:20 PM. Fortunately my wife arranged to get a "boarding" number from somewhere at the terminal. Make sure you get that number... we were there with plenty of time to spare, but did not recognize that you need that number to board... We would have been probably group 1, 2, 3 or 4 but ended up with # 26. If you have a suite, you have a separate check-in... which I don't know yet where that is, but we will find out...

If you want to take yourself time, I recommend to be there early (12:30 to 1:00 PM) and get a number and then have some coffee or read a book or newspaper. Otherwise it gets quite cramped in the terminal.

We also departed at 7:00 PM on the Western Caribbean...

Well, we would have been in group 1, 2 or 3, I am pretty sure, but it is just a hussling and buzzling at the port.

As we had a big group (14 of us all together), we (my wife, kids and myself) were in the last group from all. Plus we had to take a different line for the check-in, as I was (at that time) not a US citizen. So you have to take the snail line...

That's what really costed time, but we were on board around 4:00 PM or so (finally), but after seeing the beauty of the ship and the welcome buffet, all the stress and hassle was quickly forgotten and it was time to relax and get ready for vacation (without cell. phone!!) ;-)

So, if you got in one of the first groups, would you b on the ship by, say maybe 3? I am just trying to decide how early we need to leave Orlando. I know the ship packed full, so that may be a thought factor. We've never cruised during the holidays, let alone a full ship!

Yes... I think they started checking in at around 1:00 PM for the VIP check-in (Suite, Panorama Suite & Grand Suite Travellers) and at around 2:00 PM (If I remember right) opened regular check-in. So YES, if everything would have gone right, we would have been on-board by 3:00 PM.

Ok... I could not let go last night and looked for our old tickets... Found them!

Official check-in time was starting at 1:30 PM. That's the regular check-in, as we had not a suite. So VIP check-in would be even earlier than that.

Hope that helped.

Archived