lax to Port of Los Angelos

pjlee3333

What is the best way to get to the port (Mariner of the Seas May 10)? I get in at 11:30, assuming the plane is on time. Any idea as to cost (I'm traveling by myself)? What would I tell the taxi driver if that's how I go? Would the driver know how to get to the pier and which pier?

On the trip back I have a flight at 12:30. Is it possible to make this flight that Sunday? I'm diamond, if that makes a difference in terms of getting off the ship earlier after the self-assist passengers get off.

Thanks for your help. I've been spoiled having the Grandeur in my back yard of Baltimore the past few years.

Sunday is the best day for San Pedro-LAX traffic, so going back shouldn't be a problem. I'd take the Super Shuttle from LAX if your plane is reasonably on time coming in. There is a lot of info on transportation on this board. If you don't find it easily, I can sometimes find things using the "search" (not always, but it usually works). Nancy

You should be able to just tell your driver "the port of Los Angeles in San Pedro." (don't just say you're going on a cruise, because there's also the Port of Long Beach, where Carnival ships sail from)

The place is officially called "The World Cruise Center." The driver should take the 405 freeway (unless he has a street shortcut) south to the Harbor Freeway west/south. The exit is the Harbor Blvd. one, and he should stay in the middle lane while on the offramp and go across Harbor Blvd. and the entrance to the WCC is right there. He (or she) will drive past a guard booth and then you'll see a sign with the ships and their berths (you'll see the ships right there as soon as you leave the freeway:)) and the driver can drive right up to the unloading zone for that berth.

we went in the day befor and took super shuttle to our hotel in San Pedro..we had to wait till the van was full befor heading out..and 2 hrs later we were at our hotel..

no telling where other guest are headed though their drop off point s are along the route..sometime s several min. off the freeway..and San Pedro was the farthest point out..

you ll be coming in on a 11:30am flight..and you may not even have your

luggage noon or later..but, once you have it..just walk outside the terminal area and you ll see shuttle and taxi stands with reps. from each company to help you..

i would just ask them to take you to the cruise terminal in San Pedro..be sure to mention San Pedro and the cruise line and they ll drop you off

right in front..

NOTE: be sure to have all your cruise doc s with you and not in your luggage;)

Archived