Can I bring fish I catch fishing aboard Enchantment in Key West?

I am going fishing in Key West on May 10th on the revised Enchantment itinerary. If I catch anything and have it filleted, can I bring it onboard since I am in a US port, going to a US port (back to FLL) and will RCL cook it for me and my wife for dinner that night or is this impossible?

No, you cannot bring your catch back on the ship. Many fishing charters can make arrangements for your catch to be frozen and shipped to your home, however.

If you've caught "the big one", you can have it sent home but be aware of the costs of preserving/freezing and the shipping costs....they can be prohibitive.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have to commend you on the uniqueness of your question. It is far better than the daily questions pertaining to what time can we board, does anyone have the menu for Portofino and of course can I bring my own bottle of booze on board.

Years ago my husband and BIL went salmon fishing on our Alaska cruise. They had asked in the dining room the night before about bringing fish back to be cooked and served for dinner. The charter boat guy cleaned the fish. I can't remember how it got back to the ship-if it was delivered or my husband broght it back. But it was cooked and served to our table that night in the dining room.

As I said this was about 10 years ago so maybe they don't do it anymore.

Btw this was a RCCL ship.

Ah, but how do you know it was *your* fish they served you, Dixie? :)

Could be that they had salmon in the kitchen.....

I would think that in this day and age, from a liability standpoint, they would not be willing to take perishable food from a source other than their commercial suppliers and serve it. If someone got sick because of it, there could be legal repercussions.

I am going fishing in Key West on May 10th on the revised Enchantment itinerary. If I catch anything and have it filleted, can I bring it onboard since I am in a US port, going to a US port (back to FLL) and will RCL cook it for me and my wife for dinner that night or is this impossible?

Dress up the fish and hide it in your carry-on bag. Hope it does not stink. RCL will not cook it for you but maybe you can carry an electric heater and a pan and cook it in your cabin? Or slip a chef a $20 and have him cook it for you at the risk of his job. GET REAL DUDE!!!!

I think it would be rare to have a cruiseline allow it. You didn't mention if the fishing trip was bought thru RCCL or not, but that may make a difference.

I will say we fished in KW a few years back, the mate filleted enough for lunch, and we carried it to the A&B cafe right there at the marina. It was great.

Ask your charter captian early, as it is not uncommon for all catch to be property of the boat.

The fishing trip was booked through the cruise line.

And I don't know if the fish served was what they caught. I only know they said it was and the guys were happy with it. I didn't care since I don't even like fish:).

Like I said it was a long time ago when everything was different (the old days). I really doubt if they would do it now.

When we would catch fish in Mexico or Barbados, we'd just bring it to any of the restaurants and they would cook it for us as has been recommended. I figured that this would not be possible to bring back on the cruise ship, but figured there might be someone who would know and since it was a US port going to a US port I was just curious.

Or you could BBQ it on the beach in Key West if you have time. I think they have BBQ pits. You may have to pay for use or logs. Have fun whichever way you can do it.

PS. You can not bringdf in back on the ship nowaadays unless you are in Alaska.

Ah, but how do you know it was *your* fish they served you, Dixie? :)

Could be that they had salmon in the kitchen.....

I would think that in this day and age, from a liability standpoint, they would not be willing to take perishable food from a source other than their commercial suppliers and serve it. If someone got sick because of it, there could be legal repercussions.

You are correct......This is what allowing "slip and fall" attorneys to run the world has caused.

Dress up the fish and hide it in your carry-on bag. Hope it does not stink. RCL will not cook it for you but maybe you can carry an electric heater and a pan and cook it in your cabin? Or slip a chef a $20 and have him cook it for you at the risk of his job. GET REAL DUDE!!!!

Now thats some funny stuff right there! Someone needs to let him know there is plenty of fresh fish onboard. I also found the idea of bbq on the beach funny. Just make sure your coon skin hat doesnt get to close to the flame. I am pretty sure you would not find a replacement until you got back home.

Archived