baltimore port info

Question for anyone who had cruised from the Baltimore Port -

How close are we to walking around the inner harbor area or even Fells Point. Is is feasable that we could get on the cruise ship early and then get back off to walk around the harbor area. Just not sure of the distances from where we are at the cruise terminal to where the other things are.

Question for anyone who had cruised from the Baltimore Port -

How close are we to walking around the inner harbor area or even Fells Point. Is is feasable that we could get on the cruise ship early and then get back off to walk around the harbor area. Just not sure of the distances from where we are at the cruise terminal to where the other things are.

I don't think getting off the ship once you are on board is an option. Now I have not personally ever left from Baltimore (that is coming up soon though) I have left from Philly Cruise terminal and the security guards wouldn't let us go back outside the terminal door after we checked in. I think it is security issue.

We are leaving from our house around 9am on 6/21 and hope to get to Baltimore early enough to perhaps wander around the Inner Harbour before getting on board. However it is not a priority and we figure we can always come back for a Harbour visit at another time. I just don't like rushing and or feeling rushed. I would like to just get on the ship, have a nice lunch and then go lounge in the sun with a welcome aboard drinkie poo. :p

as far as things to do in inner harbor anyways, we live nearby...there is the aqaurium whcih is very nice buts gets crowded and you would need at least three hours to walk around the aquarium, other than that there are some chain restaraunts (cheesecake factory, espn sportszone, hardrock cafe, chipotle, johnny rockets) then there are some stores in the the harbor...we will be leaving from baltimore in may i think we are planning on getting on the ship and getting a drink! enjoy

The cruise port in Baltimore is not walking distance to the inner harbor. You could take a cab from the port and get to the inner harbor, fells point or any other neighborhood in Baltimore. I live in Baltimore but have never cruised from here so I'm not sure how easy it will be to get a cab from the port. If you need to get a cab from the inner harbor back to the port I suggest you go to a local hotel (scattered about) and they seem to have cabs waiting.

Hope this helps.

-aj

Aj's right. No way you can walk to the Harbor or Fell's Point from the cruise ship. I would think you could grab a cab at the cruise terminal after you've checked your luggage and parked your car that would take you to the places you want to go.

CG

CG -

I see you have two cruises planned! How lucky you are! Is it a 5-day or 7-day cruise to Bermuda? You will have to let me know how the trip goes and how the Majesty is.

I loved the Pearl last month! Still thinking about it...

Where is MD are ya?

-aj

CG -

I see you have two cruises planned! How lucky you are! Is it a 5-day or 7-day cruise to Bermuda? You will have to let me know how the trip goes and how the Majesty is.

Where is MD are ya?

-aj

My husband and I are going on the Majesty in August to Bermuda for 7 days. It will be our first time on Norweign. I am glad that Baltimore has more options because we live in Silver Spring.

CG -

I see you have two cruises planned! How lucky you are!

I know, I feel lucky! :)

Is it a 5-day or 7-day cruise to Bermuda? You will have to let me know how the trip goes and how the Majesty is.

It's a 7 day and we're very excited to be sailing out of Baltimore. In fact, I drove down to the port last year, right after we booked, just to sit and watch her. :)

I'll be sure to post a review when we get back. We know she's an old girl but sailing from Baltimore, and docking for 3 days in St George was too good to pass up.

We haven't been on the Pearl yet, but are looking forward to trying her next January. She seems to be very popular and we have an aft mini booked, so are really looking forward to it.

Where is MD are ya?

-aj

We're in Harford County...Fallston. We're about a 1/2 drive straight down 95 to get the port..so exciting! I'm not going to know how to act not having to get up at the crack of dawn to get to an airport, go through all the security stuff, sit on a plane for a few hours and then get on the ship feeling like all I want to do it go to bed! LOL

CG

My husband and I are going on the Majesty in August to Bermuda for 7 days. It will be our first time on Norweign. I am glad that Baltimore has more options because we live in Silver Spring.

Hope you enjoy the Majesty. She's an old girl which I'm sure you know but she has many devoted fans who love her quaintness. I'll give a full review when I get back in June, so look for it. :)

CG

Archived