Just got off QV - Blog attached

gadgetgeezer

Thanks for sharing your blog. It's good to live vicariously through other Cunarders. You were especially lucky to have my favourite captain in charge! We were on QV last August and had a wonderful time, it was jolly hard to get back to reality on our return. Its nice to see that she is still looking good! Enjoy your next trip.

Lesley

Thank you very much for your kind words. It wasn't easy writing a blog when there is so much else to do on board. I sometimes felt a bit ill writing it since the doors to your cabin are so thick (fire doors) that I had to sit on the floor, close to the door to enable the wireless signal to propagate. When it was a bit choppy, I certainly felt dizzy sitting on the floor, concentrating on a laptop. Otherwise, I am glad that I did it - certainly gave my family and colleagues something different to look at.

Regards

Spencer

We are from Florida and we will be on the QV for the same cruise and we have never been on Cunard either--looking forward to what seems a beautiful trip!

SassyW

SassyW

You are going to love it. We really felt at home on board and to be honest, I am missing that ship, the staff and the lovely people we met. Never before has a holiday had such a positive impact on us. We just cannot wait until next year's now!!! Makes going to work seem like such a chore, but something has got to pay for it.

Kind Regards

Spencer

Spencer

What a great Blog, Welcome to the world of cruising but as you see its very addictive;)

I only planned one voyage and look what hapened to me:eek:

What things impressed you onboard? what didnt you like? when you go back next year what would you do differently? Was the cruise how you imagined it would be? or were you surprised? and all the free food, well its a bonus !!

What did you think of Queen Victoria?

cheers

Myles

Myles

I have to admit that I did cruise on the Canberra in approx 1997 in its last season so I am not really a first timer but my wife is and this was the first time on board as a couple. I had better put that in my signature.

Of course the ship was nowhere near as elegant as QV and a bit past its sell by date but it is upsetting that it was scrapped since it is part of our heritage. I remember it was an excellent holiday so was expecting great things of QV so in a way it was as I thought, but my memory had faded a bit. Overall, it was better than we had imagined or I had remembered.

Most impressive was the attentiveness of the staff - real 5 star luxury. Also the friendliness of people - we made some nice friends. We were impressed by the cleanliness - you felt they had your health interests at heart. The organisation of trips, meals, activities was very good and all ran pretty smoothly.

Worst thing was finding a seat sometimes for buffet lunch and the queues getting off by tender. We were so glad we weren't on a bigger ship. Also we missed a port which was annoying but you can't dictate the weather. Lastly being hassled for photos got a bit tiring although I admit that we bought quite a few and they were very nice and worth the money.

Next time I think I will take less clothing - you could buy most on board and I over-estimated how smart I needed to be during the day. I will also take a small wheely case for camera, laptop etc because when boarding, in the queues to get through security, constantly putting a holdall down, picking it up, putting it down was very annoying.

I think QV is a great ship - just the right size and alot of the interior very impressive. The Captain was very visible and friendly which made a nice change. As you can see, we are going on her again next year, so it must have impressed us.

Regards

Spencer

The ship sounds fantastic, We are going on this ship 23rd June, and was wondering what the price of a bottle of wine at dinner, and bar prices are like. anyone else on this cruise.

thanks

For a bottle of wine, expect to pay $30 upwards. We normally had one bottle every two nights - the somelier will keep your bottle for you with a little label on it so you don't have to drink it all.

As far as drinks are concerned, cocktails about $5, martinis about $8-10. We don't drink beer or lager so can't comment on that.

Penicillin is about $40 for 7 days worth - I had an infection meaning a trip to the doctors - you won't need this though I hope :)

We are from Florida and we will be on the QV for the same cruise and we have never been on Cunard either--looking forward to what seems a beautiful trip!

SassyW

Are u on the june 23rd sailing to land of midnight sun

Archived