Seattle Questions...

pnccruisers

We'll be flying into Seattle pre-cruise from May 28 to 30. It's just myself, DH and 2 kids, ages 6 and 1. Here are my questions...

1. I have reservations at the Marqueen; any "reviews"?

2. We're planning on going to Pikes, the Needle, doing a city tour and whale watching. Should we rent a car for the whole trip or just to go out to Anacortes for the whale trip?

3. Any opinions on which tour co. to use for the city tour? We were thinking about using one that had a pre-cruise tour so they could get us and our luggage to the pier.

4. For whale watching we were thinking about using Island Adventures in Anacortes; any "reviews"?

Thanks in Advance!! :)

#1 hmmm, not a location that i would consider foot friendly to the core of downtown seattle (dining, recreation, sites).

#2 except of your going to anacortes, a car would be a liability; availability of parking, cost of parking, lack of parking at your hotel. your sites are core seattle and easy by public transportation (or taxi).

six relatively flat blocks to the needle where you could take the monorail (and you have to take the monorail!!!!) to fourth and pine that's another 3-4 blocks to pike place market. and that's to the north end of the downtown core (pioneer square, the waterfront, southern site of gold rush nat'l park, elliot bay bookstore, underground seattle, the international district). public transportation can be very daunghting to some that have personal space issues, but make use of the downtown bus freezone.

no solutions, just opinions.

save car rental $'s for intercity transportation

I have used Island Adventures in Anacortes 3 times now. I highly recommend!

The first time it was so cold, wet and foggy did see some whales. Took my Mom (80+) and I was glad they had a nice inside cabin with heat. Second time better weather-- better sightings.

Third time--last sept we had whale karma! We were in whale soup it didn't mater where you stood there where whales. One decided to check us out and swam under the boat! We saw spy hopping! We saw Dall too. They give a little book and we saw everything in the book except bald eagle--- and who was waiting on the docks when we pull up--a bald eagle. so close to us unbelievable..

Don't forget to get you calender when you get back. I'm looking at my now. Also the antenna topper was the best souvenir we brought back.

Archived